Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a number of high mileage 6.7 Fords for sale....cheap.

240-265k miles on 2012 for 15-18k.

Thoughts?

·
T/S 368E
25,699 Posts

Same here, I bought a 2013 with 197,000 and it was only because I was desperate and needed it.
I'm actually glad the POS screwed me over & the deal fell through.
I'm going to be patient and wait until I can save up enough to get something closer to 100,000.
I just bought a cheap gasser with a 454" for the winter, and hopefully can get what I really want before the end of the year for the added deductions.
If not, I will get one in Feb.

250,000 is just too much, I would be a nervous wreck every time I went out of town.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Same here, I bought a 2013 with 197,000 and it was only because I was desperate and needed it.
I'm actually glad the POS screwed me over & the deal fell through.
I'm going to be patient and wait until I can save up enough to get something closer to 100,000.
I just bought a cheap gasser with a 454" for the winter, and hopefully can get what I really want before the end of the year for the added deductions.
If not, I will get one in Feb.

250,000 is just too much, I would be a nervous wreck every time I went out of town.

I am the same way, but may change jobs to a 14 mile commute one way so that would be OK.

·
OG Member since 9/7/06
16,751 Posts
As stated, it all depends on how it was driven. Ours get used hard but the engines last forever because they aren't just idled around. The crappy thing is the seats and everything else is pretty used up by then because of the environment we use them in.

·
Trump Voter NRA Member
5,333 Posts
The DPF is designed to last 250k, injectors usually last 125-175k and they are junk.

If emission testing isn't a problem, count on deleting it and fresh FORD injectors, probably a few other things and you should be good.

I'm considering upgrading to a 6.7 truck my self, I figure I'd buy one high mileage ones with a hurt engine and fix it myself that way I know it's right and I'm getting cheap.

Then for me it has to be rust-free.

·
T/S 368E
25,699 Posts

Another issue with Illinois, the 2013 was a frigging rust bucket.
The POS said it was a beautiful truck, when I showed up to drive it the entire utility body was a bashed up rust bucket!!!
I just bought a 2000 3500 and it's 10 times better condition and only 120,000 miles.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The DPF is designed to last 250k, injectors usually last 125-175k and they are junk.

If emission testing isn't a problem, count on deleting it and fresh FORD injectors, probably a few other things and you should be good.

I'm considering upgrading to a 6.7 truck my self, I figure I'd buy one high mileage ones with a hurt engine and fix it myself that way I know it's right and I'm getting cheap.

Then for me it has to be rust-free.

Is the DPF like another catalytic converter?

Injectors are on the outside of the engine...correct?

·
Trump Voter NRA Member
5,333 Posts
Is the DPF like another catalytic converter?

Injectors are on the outside of the engine...correct?
The DPF, it's about a 250lb missle. The "F" stands for filter, it collects all the soot, then it burns when the computer detects enough restriction.

So what could go wrong with that???

Most of the those failed CP4 pumps are misdiagnosed, usually the real problem is a failed injector, the injector dumps the fuel pressure.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I saw another one last night on Market place . 2012 XLT 178k miles, 18000$, tuned and deleted. Very clean nice truck.

·
Registered
919 Posts
how much can you rebuild a 6.7 for?
you can get a reman long block from ford for about 5500 bucks...so pretty cheap for a diesel. I wouldnt shy away from a high mile 6.7. I have 160k on mine, granted I have only put about 15k on it since I got it in May of this year, but so far so good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts