Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My combo is in my sig, but I'm looking for some info on what high HP V6 guys are running for timing? The heads are 10 degree, inline valve, and flow about 380cfm. Chambers are small (35cc) and about 10.5:1 CR on E85 as the overall desired fuel.

I'm running two 4303 pumps and I know i'll get to the end of that road, since I'm eventually doing max effort on a budget. If i max the turbos out, i'll replace them first. If i max the fuel system out then I'll go cable drive. That might be 35psi or 50psi, we'll have to see. I'd probably go Q16 as a cheap way, then that's a different set of timing all together, i'm sure.

I see a lot of low timing v8 guys, which implies less timing for a v6 since the cylinder pressure is higher at the same boost levels. Since I want to keep boost lower to get more hp out of the current pumps, then i'd like to be more precise with the timing I run.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So let's say we have a V6 and a V8 engine that has a 4.135" bore and a 3.400" stroke and each make 1500bhp. The V6 would be working 25% harder, or require ~25% more cylinder pressure per cylinder in order to render the same torque output. If there is more cylinder pressure, that would require more fuel and less timing since higher pressures render more heat. So more fuel injector (fuel pumps only care about overall flow required, not to confuse it in this mix) will also be needed; to throw some redundancy there on this logic.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, i agree with that, but not quite at the same proportion. A V6 would have a benefit from lower pulse frequencies, but this assumes you would be operating within the upper bounds of the turbine capability between the combos.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
a lot of things come into consideration when talking timing.. It's impossible to say what it needs, likes, or wants from a small parts list. And that's before the car comes into play. The car plays a major role in that too. IMO discussing timing numbers are irrelevant. Same goes for boost. Not all are equal......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts