Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have pro gears in the car now and want to buy another set. Should I stick with the pro gears?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I put 5000 miles on my noisy pro gears last year. Your car is .10 quicker 60' and a second quicker in the quarter. I wouldn't hit a street gear that hard vs putting up with noise on the highway.

·
Mike
7,693 Posts
NASCAR has take out gear sets that are cryo treated, and REM polished. I bought a new set of treated/polished street 9" gears from Cale Aronson. Hoping for the best.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't had any issues with my current pro gears but I'll call Strange today and see what they say. BTW they are 3.70's and not noisy at all but I have a set of borrowed 4.11 pro gears in it now that are noisy. Different manufacturer. What brand are yours?

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
What ratio are you going with? I just bought some 3.40 pro gears (not installed yet) but I wish I could have found a higher ratio for street use..... maybe some 3.08 or 3.23's (29" tire). p.s... my pro 3.89's are quite as well. T

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Going with a set of 4.29 or 4.30's. (33" et street and 33.5" slicks) I talked to Strange and they felt with limited heat on the gear the pro gear would be my best choice. I also talked with Larry Larson and he said to stick with the pro gear. That's kind of what I thought.

Tracy, IMO If you 1/8 mile race with a 29" tire the 3.70 would be good for you.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
ok, good info. I'm going 1/4 mile. My race dot tire is 31" though. p.s... you have some pretty big time friends, lol. Thanks man T

1 - 7 of 7 Posts