Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put together a 30over iron Gen3 sbc a year back
Wood Automotive lighting Flooring Floor Hardwood

. Originally this engine was to have some hand ported 243's I did and some plastic intake manifold to go into a 78 malibu and drive/race/cruise around. The short block was built to take upto 300-350 n2o with wiseco 4.030 4cc dome pistons @ 0.014 out the hole, total seal rings, summit racing connecting rods and a stock crankshaft. Nothing fancy really however, my son, while deployed and just before he came home .....bought an incomplete caged 2002 zo6 Corvette that had, at one time an A&A blower kit, Alky Control meth kit, RPM 4l60e w/break conversion, C6 ZR1 rear end and cradle, 15" wheel conversion and the stock LS6 with rods and pistons... Got the car to my sons friends house and discovered the LS6 is junked, the wiring to the rear of the car was burnt to a crisp, Walbro pumps did not work, break lines are mangled and kinked and was missing random bolts through out. The car needed dissembled and built. So thats what got me here now. I have the car back together now with the new engine and I am wandering if a 350 hit will be to much with the PRC small bore heads.
The engine is:
12.2/1 compression Gen3 SBC 369.61 cubes, ARP Main studs, ARP head studs
4.030 Wiseco PRO TRU Street pistons. 4cc dome @ 0.014 out the hole (maybe 6cc dome, I dont remember)
Summit Racing PRO Ls connecting rods w/ARP 2,000 bolts
Melling 10296 oil pump
Iwis double roller billet adjustable timing set
Johnson 2110r lifters in new GM buckets
BTR 3/8 0.080 wall 7.500 length pushrods for 0.030-0.040 lifter preload
PRC as cast 220 small bore 62cc chamber
BTR 660 spring w/titanium locks and keepers
CompCams BSR shaft rocker arms
Holley modular low ram duel rail intake w/102 throttle body
Some giant injectors from Injector Dynamics, for the future VS Racing 88/102 t6 turbo
and copy Magic Stick 3 camshaft. The camshaft is what Ive got for now, not optimal but I think (hope to mfing god) will still be fun.
The pushrods came yesterday and my neighbor had a 380lph external e85 compatible pump so I am ready to start this thing when I find the correct MAP sensor for the intake and car harness. Maybe I am being paranoid or maybe I am about to have big problems its just the more I read about n2o hits above 200 the more nervous I get. I doubt with the holley 300+ n2o is a good idea but then again it could be fine

What does YB think?

Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire
Rim Composite material Gas Wood Circle
Motor vehicle Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread
Blue Rectangle Gas Electric blue Wood

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
What head gasket? Not in love with piston out of the hole.Be better off in hole.How much did you open ring gaps for nitrous?Cam is way small for comp you have and nitrous.i would call this a receipe for disaster!!!

·
Registered
1967 Camaro Small Tire No Prep
143 Posts
I don't think it'll be a parts issue with a 300 - 350 shot but I think you'll wind up with diminishing returns above a 200 shot due to camshaft profile. I'm also not a fan of that intake. Don't get me wrong here, I think it'll haul ass but with a good nitrous cam and a better intake, it would really fly.

What computer system are you running on the car?

Sounds like you have some nice parts on the car that will hold the nitrous no problem if its on a good tune up.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What head gasket? Not in love with piston out of the hole.Be better off in hole.How much did you open ring gaps for nitrous?Cam is way small for comp you have and nitrous.i would call this a receipe for disaster!!!
LS9 head gaskets. If I remember correctly the top ring is 28 and the 2nd ring is 30.

What length rods? What's the compression height on the pistons?
The piston compression height is 1.335 with a 1/16 x 1/16 x 3mm ring. 6.098 length and a 0.945 pin.

I don't think it'll be a parts issue with a 300 - 350 shot but I think you'll wind up with diminishing returns above a 200 shot due to camshaft profile. I'm also not a fan of that intake. Don't get me wrong here, I think it'll haul ass but with a good nitrous cam and a better intake, it would really fly.
I do not like the intake manifold either but funds have limited what I can use. The intake manifold came with the car as did the PRC heads.
What computer system are you running on the car?
The ECM is a 0411 from a 2005 or 2006 (I think) flex fuel car that was re-pinned for the 2002 Corvette
Sounds like you have some nice parts on the car that will hold the nitrous no problem if its on a good tune up.

·
Registered
1967 Camaro Small Tire No Prep
143 Posts
The only real issue I've seen with the PRC heads are the heavy ass valves. Other than that, I've not seen any real issues.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why in the hole? I thought, at the time , that bringing the piston out would give a tighter quinch - would increase efficiency

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LS9 head gaskets. If I remember correctly the top ring is 28 and the 2nd ring is 30.

The piston compression height is 1.335 with a 1/16 x 1/16 x 3mm ring. 6.098 length and a 0.945 pin.
Also, I forgot to mentionthe car has no MAF and will be speed density tuned.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Why in the hole? I thought, at the time , that bringing the piston out would give a tighter quinch - would increase efficiency
That's not way I would look at big nitrous at all.I dont like top ring up in the heat.Then that short jabby cam you have is another disaster in the making.If you lose some comp with nitrous is no big deal anyway.If I was designing a nitrous engine you have almost everything going on ass backwards from where the game plan would be headed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts