Yellow Bullet Forums banner

high-helix

7K views 32 replies 13 participants last post by  outlaw68 
A friend is a engineer and designed and built roots blowers for B&M,He told me that high helix does very little for power,My other friend has been on the dyno for the last two days and just changed his brand new BDS high helix for and new BDS standard and gained power.................OLDHEAD
I'll call Kobelco and let them know you said that their Hi-Helix do very little for extra power. I'm sure they'll be offering you a job.

There's an R980 (top loader) on ITA for 3500, but I dont see anything for 2500.

I'll stick with what I've got for now... I'm probably going to be getting out of drag racing and selling it all off this winter anyhow.

Too much work and expense. I want something I can jump into for the weekend and have fun.

I just put a hihelix on mine and YES they make more power, I have yet to get a good run with the new one, but I spun my 14/71 standard roots 40% over and was pulling 6 degrees on the launch for 2.5 seconds, the Hi helix @ 15% over went 5.06 @ 148 mph pulling 17 degrees for 2.5 seconds at the same boost level,with true 10.5's the car went high .80's with the roots testing 2 weeks ago on W's and a .98 on true 10's, so yes there is More power but managing it may take a few more passes.
Lies! Oldhead said his friend who was an engineer for B&M said a Hi-helix does not ad more power! I mean, after all, B&M is KNOWN for making high end blowers, right? :smt082:smt082:rolleyes::smt082:smt082

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.