Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think about using a high-helix blower with gas. Im trying to lower intake temps with out intercooling.:smt115

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
It will definitely help. How much all depends on the actual blower and how it's setup.

Hi-Helix also take less power to drive, therefore more net power.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
A friend is a engineer and designed and built roots blowers for B&M,He told me that high helix does very little for power,My other friend has been on the dyno for the last two days and just changed his brand new BDS high helix for and new BDS standard and gained power.................OLDHEAD

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
A friend is a engineer and designed and built roots blowers for B&M,He told me that high helix does very little for power,My other friend has been on the dyno for the last two days and just changed his brand new BDS high helix for and new BDS standard and gained power.................OLDHEAD

WHAT???!!? You better give some more details!!!

·
Eddie Haskell
7,850 Posts

Why does your feedback always look a little backwords?

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
I'll call Kobelco and let them know you said that their Hi-Helix do very little for extra power. I'm sure they'll be offering you a job.

·
Never hit Newbie Thread
10,392 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong, but if a high helix didnt make more power, wouldnt the TAD, TAFC, and PM guys be running the old style roots blowers????

Vanilla

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It will definitely help. How much all depends on the actual blower and how it's setup.

Hi-Helix also take less power to drive, therefore more net power.
Thanks, just kicking the upgrade idea around.thinking about a high helix or the whipple 305R . I can't get any more power out of it past 15 pounds of boost just to much heat.

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
There's an R980 (top loader) on ITA for 3500, but I dont see anything for 2500.

I'll stick with what I've got for now... I'm probably going to be getting out of drag racing and selling it all off this winter anyhow.

Too much work and expense. I want something I can jump into for the weekend and have fun.

·
Never hit Newbie Thread
10,392 Posts
There's an R980 (top loader) on ITA for 3500, but I dont see anything for 2500.

I'll stick with what I've got for now... I'm probably going to be getting out of drag racing and selling it all off this winter anyhow.

Too much work and expense. I want something I can jump into for the weekend and have fun.

And something that I cant break????

Vanilla

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Why not run it on alcohol? That will definately lower the temps.
I know but I cant fill up at the gas station with meth heck we dont even have have e85. My car runs good on pump gas.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
1,802 Posts

I just talked with my friend thats dynoing,he just ordered a 1271 from Oddy's,will being going back to the dyno before next Tuesday...Anyone interested in a Hihelix 871 ???...OLDHEAD

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I just talked with my friend thats dynoing,he just ordered a 1271 from Oddy's,will being going back to the dyno before next Tuesday...Anyone interested in a Hihelix 871 ???...OLDHEAD
This BDS 871 hihelix has less then 10 dyno pulls and is for sale......Oldhead

1 - 20 of 33 Posts