Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen any gains in et by retarding the timing in high gear? 565 bbc with turbo 400. thanks.

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
No....but I have seen gains by running more timing in low and 2nd then "retarding" it back to the correct timing for high gear.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Study your dyno sheet,after peak torque approaching peak HP the fuel curve may start to go richer,at this point start to slope in more timing to burn fuel,maybe 2or 3 degrees,we have seen as much as 15 HP gain,the most highley developed engines will show little or no gain but the inefficient Sportsman stuff shows the most gain.Bill C.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I pull a little timing once I'm 'Clean' in 3rd, only reason I really do it is because I run strictly pump gas. On my Comp. Elim. customer we go the opposite way, give it a little timing in high gear. Not sure why we go to the trouble, we see so little, on his & mine...:rolleyes:.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
nitrous buddy says they pull put in a little more timing early in run and pull little on big end cause motor is more laborous in high gear pulling on the big end

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
LMAO yeah to bad you could not have made that pass, I told you we had the kitchen sink thrown at it.

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
We practice dont ask dont tell

Tell him to get your pig running John raised it, so we were going to kill it up top to get it to run out the back and get the MPH back up. You need to get a Msd in that thing so we have options you really don’t need it in high maybe even backed off in second, the time slips will show what works best.

·
I like IceCream
11,026 Posts
Bah.........it works fine the way that it is. Ill be running friday and Sat........Ill let you know where the mph is. Keep in mind, it does have 4000 miles on it now. :) You think Ed has 4000 miles on his junk yet?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts