Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a purple duster you may have seen at milan in all motor class. at 3240lbs i have ran a best of 9.97 at 133 on pump gas. the motor is a 493" mopar with indy 440-1 heads flow approx 325, 11 to1 cr, a .640 277 @ .050 flat tappet cam, 1088 dominator, 5000convertor, 4.56 gear 10.5 slicks, caltracks, ect. if i change the gear to a 4.10, ad a tight nitrous convertor and spray, would it be possible to go 8.80 to 8.90 range? is it possible with a plate? throw some ideas at me.

·
Administrator
136,618 Posts
Personally I would use a fogger for better distribution of the nitrous and fuel. I think a tighter convertor, cam and rear gear would put you into the high 8's for sure. The car will surely slowdown after the changes on motor to roughly around a 10.30-10.40 pass but should be no problem to bump the car to a 8.90 with around a 250-275 nitrous kit if the power is applied to the ground..

·
Administrator
136,618 Posts
No problem at all!! I have used a Barry Grant 400 (Which flows less than the Magnafuel 500), a magnafuel 500 and a Weldon 2035 to a 461 CID SBC with two foggers and never had a problem. I am a strong believer in only using one cell and one fuel pump to supply both units. I used to use two BG 400's and it was a waste of money...

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Monty Mikho said:
No problem at all!! I have used a Barry Grant 400 (Which flows less than the Magnafuel 500), a magnafuel 500 and a Weldon 2035 to a 461 CID SBC with two foggers and never had a problem. I am a strong believer in only using one cell and one fuel pump to supply both units. I used to use two BG 400's and it was a waste of money...
thats what i like to here

can it be done with a flat tappet cam? i was looking at maybe a big shot, or a double cross, or NX Gemini twin (50-300).

·
Administrator
136,618 Posts
I would spend the extra money on the fogger. It is a lot easier to tune with compared to the plate systems. With the plate you got what you got for distribution and can only compensate by either reflowing the manifold (big money), stagger sparkplugs or timing controls.. Fogger you can adjust by pills in that cylinder or timing controls..

Nothing wrong with a flat tappet cam.. But if your gonna get a new cam.. :-D

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
Monty's right I use a single pump for everything stock suspension with cal trac's with a plate and go from 10.40's to 8.70's with a small block, if you don't have any rule's that you need to go by get the fogger a couple hundred dollars more but it will pay for itself by not burning piston's :wink:

·
Registered
424 Posts
You can do it easy with a Big Shot..about a 275 hit.....Monty's just a Fogger freak. And yes...you could do it with a flat cam but I'd recommend getting a nice roller designed for the squirt and a good ignition. Use that extra money that Monty wants you to spend on a Fogger for a nice valvetrain :p Your n/a times are gonna suffer if you set it up to get the most out of the bottle though...mostly because of the converter and the gear.

I'm not a Mopar guy but I've seen plenty of 440's end up with sunshine in the crank case on the squirt when they start making enough power to get into the 8's....make sure your bottom end can take the hit.

·
Administrator
136,618 Posts
Im a fogger guy like Jeff Prock
Jason is a plate guy like Robert Lane.. :-D J/K

Jason knows how to run these plate with great success. I lean more towards a fogger as I have used a fogger more times than a plate system. Most I sprayed thru a plate is around 150/175 HP a lot of years ago...

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for all your replys. if i do it, its either going to go real fast or i'll be driving over the crank :shock:
plate or fogger, with a single stage whats the best way to manage the hit out of the hole when traction becomes an issue?

·
Registered
424 Posts
lol...I'm not bashing Foggers by any means...for higher hp settings they're the only way to go. But if 250-350 and a single stage is all you need I just can't justify the extra cash that's all.

As far as managing a single stage, either delays or progressive controllers work really well when wired properly. They've gotten a bit of a bad rap from people who didn't set them up correctly over the years. There is a good thread at our site that includes some wiring diagrams: http://www.gofastzone.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1164

Mike Nelson from nitroussupply.com (NOS-Nelson at our site) is probably the most knowlegeable guy on the planet in regards to progressives and he'd be happy to help you out....he's a Hell of a nice guy.

Monty also has a really nice diagram for wiring up a delay with a bypass switch here: http://yellowbullet.com/complete_basic_wiring_with_delay_bypass.jpg
As a matter of fact it's so nice I'm gonna leech it.... :-D

·
Registered
14,482 Posts
Hey Monte,

I have not heard of the hero of Tyler Texas (Slow Lane) in a long time....That was a good one!!

Richard Gavle

Jeff Prock is still my hero :-damnit

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
This is a old one. What ever happened to Hellbent?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts