Yellow Bullet Forums banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
I’ll add my led taillights arrived today. Yorkim brand off Amazon. Replaced regular 1157s in my 69 gtx. Look noticeably brighter. We’re 13 bucks. Interested in seeing some plug in led headlights. Will have to read all this and see what stands out.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Yes it is true.

You need to update the housings for LED. Its at all time low costs VS years ago
How can you tell if a housing is designed for LED's? I have a set of Ford OBS aftermarket chinese housings that have a reflector inside that shrouds the bulb. They came with the truck and have never been installed.

·
8=======D ~~~~
2,932 Posts
For anybody interested
A little pricy but they should work good and don't look out of place

·
Age of Acquiescence
33,734 Posts
How can you tell if a housing is designed for LED's? I have a set of Ford OBS aftermarket chinese housings that have a reflector inside that shrouds the bulb. They came with the truck and have never been installed.

I don't know what you bought, so I can't answer that.
Daniel Stern lighting is a reference for people that have been doing this for years.

Ultimately you can test what you bought, and stand in front of it VS the other OEM halogen headlight and see if the light projection is further and brighter WITHOUT massive glare bouncing off the housing which is what blinds oncoming drivers

·
Registered
5,906 Posts

I don't know what you bought, so I can't answer that.
Daniel Stern lighting is a reference for people that have been doing this for years.

Ultimately you can test what you bought, and stand in front of it VS the other OEM halogen headlight and see if the light projection is further and brighter WITHOUT massive glare bouncing off the housing which is what blinds oncoming drivers
No bulbs just the housing. These have a diffuser of some sort in them.
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Grille Motor vehicle

·
Registered
865 Posts
The Caprice.
I could not get a clear picture of the back of the headlights, but found an Amazon ad that shows how the bulbs are installed-
I hope that helps

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I could not get a clear picture of the back of the headlights, but found an Amazon ad that shows how the bulbs are installed-
I hope that helps
I'm going to try to hide something like this behind a slightly smoked cover in the marker light spots, 70 Chevelle front bumper. I've used similiar as retrofits in hacked up plastic housings, they have worked very well with HID bulbs.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts