Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,272 Posts
I'm sure Sparky will answer this one when he gets a chance but I'll try to keep you busy until then. :-D

I saw where Travis told you to get a noid light. You can get them at most auto parts stores. The light plugs into the injector socket. It will flash when you crank the motor and let you know if that injector is firing. You can use a regular ol trailer light and just stick it in the injector socket. I have used a test light before too.

Here's what you want to know. The big wire going to the injector should always have 12v when the ecu and ignition have power. I'm pretty sure it's a red wire. You'll be able to tell because this wire is bigger diameter of the two going to the injector. Make sure you have 12v at this wire when the power is on.

The ecu completes ground to fire the injectors. That's why you want to put some kind of 12v light across the terminals to see if it fires. Maybe check a hole that you know is working then check the problem child. If you find the injector is not firing you might be grounding out the harness somehwere or the injector driver in the ecu might be screwed. Sparky can probably tell you what else to check. Hope this helps. I HATE ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS!!! :evil:

·
Super Moderator
9,272 Posts
While you're at it, check to make sure none of the pins on your ecu connector are bent or pushed out. Also, if you have a engine harness with a disconnect plug check those pins to make sure they are not bent, pushed out, or shorting out against eachother. Did I mention I hate electrical stuff? :evil:

·
Super Moderator
9,272 Posts
If you have a 7531 msd turn the slew rev limit off for now and make sure you're not hitting the time based rev limit. Oh yea, if all this stuff fixes your problem give me the leave if we ever race eachother. :)

·
Super Moderator
9,272 Posts
If you have the time and money I would definately drop that thing off on Sparky's door step. That way you can eliminate electrical problems from the mix all together. Plus you get to see a man work on your car in a pink bunny suit. :smt005

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.