Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
8,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you could please redirect me to the info you sent on the dog food that you posted?we have been trying the taste of the wild and went and got 6 bags of wellness core today.Its a bit more than taste of the wild(42-to 57.00 a bag).
I am sorry for asking but,you and puddin was a big help and great info.Thanks kenny
Ps the info was the top 5 or 6 companies.I want to thank you for your time and help.-I do hope this comes out better than my post with the "pupweiser"-I accidentally hit the wrong button on save trying to put the info in.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
If ya want the best dog food around. get in touch with Lamar Stevenson. He is a well known S/ST racer in Div.2. He and his wife sell a dog food you wont believe! just try it!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
i started a thread called dog owners that she responed to several times...maybe search that thread.....lots of info in there.

·
Registered
8,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is the problem exactly,I keep blaming it on my wife and she blames it on me,then we start with the dogs and run out of names-LOL.The taste of the wild makes them pass gas big time.LOLOLOl

·
Registered
8,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i started a thread called dog owners that she responed to several times...maybe search that thread.....lots of info in there.
That is the one,Thank you so much.I appreciate the help.That was alot of good info on there.

·
Registered
8,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If ya want the best dog food around. get in touch with Lamar Stevenson. He is a well known S/ST racer in Div.2. He and his wife sell a dog food you wont believe! just try it!
I will sure do that here in a few min.Is he a member here or can I type in division2 and post his name?sorry for all the questions.we have a few dogs that is allergic to wheat and one to grain.we are trying to work with different foods.thanks for the info MAJORLY.

·
Registered
8,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am gonna try and call maybe Bill Holt or someone in that area tomorrow and see if i can get his #.thanks for the info.

·
ROLL TIDE!!!!
20,992 Posts
That is the problem exactly,I keep blaming it on my wife and she blames it on me,then we start with the dogs and run out of names-LOL.The taste of the wild makes them pass gas big time.LOLOLOl

Did you switch them over to it cold turkey? And how much are you feeding?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
My english bull dogs had SERIOUS GAS problems.... one very smart vet told me to spread their food out on a large cookie sheet... slow them down when eating. Worked wonders. We feed Nutro lamb & rice and no more gas.

·
Registered
8,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did you switch them over to it cold turkey? And how much are you feeding?
Yeah,we moved there food around this morning.I had bought 6 bags of the core.
On my pit mix and labs,they are getting 2 1/2 cups a day.the rat terriers are getting 1 cup here lately.I dont know if its the heat or not.They play out side in the morn and in the afternoon.During the hot part of the day,they come in their room and I put the AC on.Did I mess up by going cold turkey on them over from taste of the wild?I can work them from it.I still have a bag of theirs left over.thanks for the help.Hey I almost forgot-If any of yall want or knows of someone that has a female dog and likes bows.Dee makes them and she said just tell her the colors and she will make some and send them out to yall. My wife has a web site called
purplepoodlepetbows.com
She is a groomer and makes bows at night at home and ships world wide.I will be more than glad to send yall some-just take me some pics.

·
ROLL TIDE!!!!
20,992 Posts
Most dogs don't do well with a cold turkey switch. I switch mine over about 3 days for a normal dog and about a week for my sensitive tummy dog. But you said the gas was on the Taste of the Wild, right? That's what I mean..did you switch them to that one cold turkey? How long were they on it and having gas?

·
Registered
8,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Most dogs don't do well with a cold turkey switch. I switch mine over about 3 days for a normal dog and about a week for my sensitive tummy dog. But you said the gas was on the Taste of the Wild, right? That's what I mean..did you switch them to that one cold turkey? How long were they on it and having gas?
Oh,sorry about that.I had them on the taste of the wild for about 3 months now.Dee said it just seemed that just a few of the older dogs had the problems with gas.we thought that it was the food switch taking more time than some.I have noticed the gas problems worse with 2 dogs in the house.The other 2 out back,dont know as much.They have a room added on and go in and out.
We did switch them today out cold turkey though.I had about half bin full and removed it and put the core in the bowls for the ones out front and the 2 in back.
We were on the science diet food and went to the taste of the wild,then the gas started with certain ones.

Do you think it would be a good idea if we went back and worked with the ones with the gas problems like you did on about 3-4 day stretch on bringing them off of the taste of the wild to the core?

·
Registered
31,526 Posts
I was wondering if you could please redirect me to the info you sent on the dog food that you posted?we have been trying the taste of the wild and went and got 6 bags of wellness core today.Its a bit more than taste of the wild(42-to 57.00 a bag).
I am sorry for asking but,you and puddin was a big help and great info.Thanks kenny
Ps the info was the top 5 or 6 companies.I want to thank you for your time and help.-I do hope this comes out better than my post with the "pupweiser"-I accidentally hit the wrong button on save trying to put the info in.
Hey.... No problem at all... I've been through hell the past year and it would be nice if I could help someone else out. Every issue is different so what I found out might not help you but .... www.dogfoodanalysis.com
But that only tells you what foods are the best, not which best food will work for YOUR dog.

What is your dogs symptoms again ??? I found my dogs are allergic to fish.

·
Registered
31,526 Posts
Oh,sorry about that.I had them on the taste of the wild for about 3 months now.Dee said it just seemed that just a few of the older dogs had the problems with gas.we thought that it was the food switch taking more time than some.I have noticed the gas problems worse with 2 dogs in the house.The other 2 out back,dont know as much.They have a room added on and go in and out.
We did switch them today out cold turkey though.I had about half bin full and removed it and put the core in the bowls for the ones out front and the 2 in back.
We were on the science diet food and went to the taste of the wild,then the gas started with certain ones.

Do you think it would be a good idea if we went back and worked with the ones with the gas problems like you did on about 3-4 day stretch on bringing them off of the taste of the wild to the core?
Taste of the Wild is not a good food for Older dogs. It's very high in protein...... and it was suggested to me by quite a few vets to NOT go to that, or the EVO, because the dogs are older, they cannot handle the content. While it's a damn good food, older dogs don't seem to process it well. If it's JUST the gas... add some plain yougurt to their food. The plain yogurt helps with their digestive system and not only helps them digest it, but will take care of the gas as well. I don't use that method because it's my daughters job to feed the dogs and if she put yogurt in it..... well, you can imagine the mess we'd have. lol.

But Puddin is right 100 percent........ NEVER cold turkey switch a dogs food, it will cause stomach upset. I don't think you should go back and do the switch slowly... you just have to wait it out. It should clear up in a day or so, and if you add the yogurt, that should help. OR...... take them off of it completly and feed them only beef and rice for about two to three days, and then transfer them correctly. With Taste of the wild being so high in protein I would make the transfer slower...... I would do a quarter for about three days..... then go to a half for about three days, and then go to three quarters for about four days and if they are doing OK....... I would actually still put just a little of their old food in but almost all of the new for the next three and then let them have the taste of the wild fully. I'm no expert but with what I've been through.... I do know a little bit and again, with the high protein, it takes longer to transfer then normal dog food.

·
Registered
31,526 Posts
Will it help stop all of the FARTING?
What are you feeding them? Generally things like Barely cause gas and Fish...... Check your food, if it has either then you either want to.....A. switch to something that doesn't have either of those in it...... or B. add some PLAIN yogurt to their food. That will help the gas.

·
Registered
31,526 Posts
good luck with the gas....at least my dog was just scratching..LOL
Is your dog nawing at it's paws ? If so, that's a good indication that it's allergic to what's in the food. People don't realize that dogs should be living about 25 years..... however, the food we provide them, gives them the diseases and the issues we as humans have in our foods....... It's not natural to them. They do not require gains in foods.... although almost every food has grains. There are only six top brands really that provide a diet that is approved and natural for dogs...

Number on would be Innova EVO..... it's the closest to a Raw food diet as a dog would find in the wild that a dry food company produces. However, it's very rich in protein and should not be used for puppies or older dogs... and it would need to be transferred VERY slowly... Another would be Orijen.... that is a very high dollar food as well and grain free. Top of the line..... Another would be Instinct.... that is what I have found works best for my dogs. In two days the itching has stopped almost completly. I did switch them cold turkey and it never upset any of their bowels and I have a puppy, a fourteen month old Husky and an eleven year old.... You also have Taste of the Wild and Wellness Core....... all as top of the line you can get.

If you're looking for something almost as good but not as expensive........ Try California Natural.... also try, Natural Balance... that is a very good BLAN food, good for allergies...... I'd use it but my eldest refuses to eat it. You can also try..... Merrick, they are excellent and they have one that if you add water to it, it makes a gravy, that's what I'm going to put my eldest on, you may also try, Holistics Select (Eagle Pack).... or Merrick before grain is another cheaper alternative....Canidae is another good quality food with good ingredients.

If you dog seems to have allergies..... go with a DUCK food... it is less likely for dogs to have allergies with that.

Also, remember, look at the treats you're feeding your dogs as well. It might not be the food. Treats that are not natural may also cause the problem. I know the dogs might like the jerky treats, but it's not great ingredients. Try to stick with the same treats as the food you feed them.... NATURAL.

·
Registered
31,526 Posts
IF YOU REALLY WANT TO GO CHEAPER and you want to shop at Petsmart... Go with Nutro Natural...... That's pretty much the best line of food they have there besides BLUE. Blue is a good food, however, again, transfer slowly.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts