Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious what caused the blow torch header deal tonight?
I noticed motor sounded different as soon as you stoped backing up from burnout. Then saw the header pyro show get bigger and bigger!

·
Registered
8,477 Posts
Well after getting the blower freshened up seems we couldn't keep enough fuel to it, we popped a burst panel broke a belt and sheered all of the blower hold down bolts and lifted the blower in the last qualifier right at the 1/8 mile coasted to a 7.45 at 103. Thrashed it all back together and after the burn out for 1st qualifier realized it bent a valve and was pushing Alcohol straight through the head into the hot exhaust " flame thrower on the left side", we had to abort the run. Thanks to my crew and track personal for shutting me down, if I would of made a pass things could of been bad at WOT with that much fuel going through the hot exhaust.

·
I forgot what to do next!
6,090 Posts
Things will be better next yr man truck is really flying

·
Registered
8,477 Posts
Damn I hate to hear that Chris. I was hoping you would get that 6 tonite. At least it didnt drop it.
Thanks Didn't get my 6 second pass but did manage to win the championship. Next year a bigger fuel pump is in order.

·
I forgot what to do next!
6,090 Posts
Congrats I thought you did

·
Registered
22,719 Posts
Thanks Didn't get my 6 second pass but did manage to win the championship. Next year a bigger fuel pump is in order.
Condrads on the championship and you'll get your 6 it's there but just didn't happen there are a lot of things that could be worse.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Congrads,That 6 sec pass will come.A little chassis tune up(so you don't have to lift on most runs) the power is there!! You are doing GREAT!!!

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
You might not want to hear this, but.....

You could really drop your aero drag with a chop top or custom cap on the box.

·
Registered
51,346 Posts
When you freshened the blower...you didn't do anything else??. I only ask because it sounded a lot different. Pissed different.

Congrats on the championship!.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Congrats Chris!

Now can you please keep your used truck parts off the track? I ran over your expired blower belt yesterday. Definitely a weird feeling doing 180 mph and seeing something on the track. :p ;)

Good luck on the continued hunt for a 6.

·
Registered
16,577 Posts
Congrats on the championship Chris. Nice to see all your hard work pay off!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts