Yellow Bullet Forums banner

101 - 103 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Thats wild !
Is there still no deaths i hope ?
No fatalities. Hopefully it stays that way. They are still doing some rescues, so hopefully they don't find any victims. The river is finally starting to go down.

There was a big flood in '86 that had some fatalities. This one, the river got higher than in '86 and no fatalities, so at least the emergency evacuations went better.

Good news on one of the dams also... it looks like the second dam is OK. The actual breach was to the earth next to it. So at least that one dam repair won't be so bad. But there was one dam destroyed at the end of Wixom lake and a dyke somewhere that had issues.

Forget the flyovers.... Monster Jam should bring in some Monster Trucks and do an epic Monster Jammer in the Wixom lake muck. Then trench it out deeper, fix the dam, refill. Make it an epic summer off road park till the dam is fixed. There are so many off-roaders in MI, it would be epic. Give the lake fronters some entertainment while the dam is fixed.

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
Grew up on Wixom, crawled all over that Edenville failed dam, used to jump off the Curtis road bridge into the water from the middle, good times, all gone in an instant. We were going up there this weekend for MmD, sorry to see it all fucked up. Our family has a cabin up there on Wixom, got flooded, so still headed up there to clean up. Great people in that area, always fun to party up there.
Be safe on your Travels!

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
Roads and Bridges are starting to reopen.
I had a 50 mile trip into work on Friday.
my usual 10 minute trip to work became 1 hour and a half.
was off work Wednesday and Thursday.
Waiting on the reopen of the bridge on M46 then it will be back to some what normal.
they say that might reopen by Tuesday.

101 - 103 of 103 Posts