Yellow Bullet Forums banner

121 - 140 of 5214 Posts

·
Banned
3,341 Posts
Re: Hey Monty how's that new "Hot Rod/Nostalgia/Gasser" section coming?

Lil Screamer....My all time favorite altered

You had to see it run with the wheelie bars backed off

·
Registered
4,160 Posts

Did you even look at the photos posted???

Slots, Centerlines, Super Tricks, Rodlites, Cragar SS's, Torque Thrusts! Fuck man, what more do you want? 22" Dubs and air bags?
these rims I grew up with. and are ok by me . no bags or anything bigger than 16" rim

·
Registered
1,823 Posts

here is my newest toy just picked up a really nice set of cragar SS's with perfect patina for the front now i need some fender well headers and a cool name for it

·
Registered
4,160 Posts

How about this for a concept,.........a thread dedicated to "any" type or version of older bodied street and drag cars.

From lets say,......63 and down,....before the term "muscle car" was being used, and before the high horsepower offerings of the late 60s and early 70s began.

And who cares what people have chosen to do to these older vehicles, or what drive train or wheels they're running,....as long as they're on the street or the track, or were in the past.....let's see them.
thank you thats what I been trying to say , basically since marty says hes jewish , and can't have hamb it would be Kosher ..

if a person wants to say well this is the way la la . tell them to go see ryans asshats .

·
Registered
4,160 Posts

old man was there and raced his car , that was 3 years before me , I remember as a kid how large it was inside ( ringaling bros had the circus there before the rosemont and united center was built ) could have never imagined what it was like to race in there , after they tore it down , I used to watch races behind it in the stock yards . till they put up the gates so you couldn't get in there . If I won the lottery I would try this concept in a warehouse for the winter .

·
Registered
856 Posts

here is my newest toy just picked up a really nice set of cragar SS's with perfect patina for the front now i need some fender well headers and a cool name for it
Man that new car you picked up is cool as hell. To me it's like looking at an old history book. (Or an old wrinkled up old hot rodder). That thing has forgot more about drag racing that a lot of folks know. Time capsule.

·
46,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #128

I think a lock for at least two of the Mods (and two could be plenty) is =V8= and the Dutchman, what say all of you?
Yeah and maybe they should have been the ones to push this subject and start a thread like this. :smt102 :rolleyes:

·
Meh Commander
12,471 Posts

Not into pushing ……… with the exception of when iv been pushed
Theres already to many opinions flying here …. But I will give mine for the record anyway.

It would be nice if
There was a section for this stuff and people kept there opinions about how people choose to build THEIR OWN! cars to themselves.
People that get all bent about someone else’s taste or chosen style is what the other site is about … lets not do it here / lets take the high road.

·
46,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #130

Agreed!

·
Registered
2,343 Posts

Not stolen from anywhere- from my camera.

·
42,732 Posts

Is that indoor track a quarter mile,....with a shut down area,.....or?

·
46,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #135

It was like around 400-450 feet with a 600 foot shutdown. There's talk that Coca Cola fountain syrup was used as a traction aid.

·
46,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #137

I found this on the interweb. It's kinda neat...........

·
Registered
1,823 Posts

Man that new car you picked up is cool as hell. To me it's like looking at an old history book. (Or an old wrinkled up old hot rodder). That thing has forgot more about drag racing that a lot of folks know. Time capsule.
I traded a running driving 91 mustang for this roller i couldnt walk away from it the thing is so cool
4 door
moved stock frame rails
6 point bar
12 bolt all moser
ladder bar

car is really a 64 that someone very carefully turned into a 65....why i wish i knew the story cause like you said this car knows a lot and just cant tell the story

·
Registered
4,160 Posts

was a 1/8th and you had to go thru firedoors between the sections of the building that were 20-30 feet wide my dad said , when you walked it he said it didn't seem bad but the concrete was polished not brushed and he said it was slick as hell .and coming on them at 45-60 mph it scared the shit out of you the first time . be like trying to thread a toll booth at that 20 mph was his comparison . and some hooked and took off but didn't stop and hit the hay bails

·
Registered
6,247 Posts

I think its next on the to do list right after the boat section gets done.

the boat section is done

its a sub category in the Drifting section

seems fitting as drifting is what you do in a boat when it runs out of fuel :smt083

121 - 140 of 5214 Posts