Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Not a Hemi!
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local store was stocked up on a bunch of stuff since the last time I was there. They had a Colt 1911 officers model for around $700. Seemed like a fair deal? It looked to be in very nice condition but I didn't fondle it, I was afraid if I did I would have bought it.:smt068 What's a good price for one? They all seem terribly high on gunbroker, haven't really done much digging to see what they are actually selling for. Are you better off with a good ol' Colt or a Kimber, Springfield or ? for the same price? Don't know much about them and wanted more info.. :p

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I carry a springfield but that just my choice, they are all good quality and would be fine. As for the price it sounds good especially compared to some of the prices around here.

·
Registered
223 Posts
i carry a rock island armory (far from expensive). in unmolested form, it was a copy of the standard GI 1911 (rock islands are built from old colt dies). it was dead reliable.

i have since modified it to my taste and it still has the same reliability. my only complaint is the finish, but for a $400 gun, i can't complain too much......

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Is it a series 80 Mark IV or series 90 1991A1?
The 80s seem to bring 800-1000 depending on condition. The 90s a little less.

I have a stainless 80 that is a great gun! wouldnt trade it. $700 sounds like a very good price depending on condition, finish, etc ...

NY ... are you even allowed to fondle it w/o providing a DNA sample first and having written permission from the president? lol.

·
Not a Hemi!
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it a series 80 Mark IV or series 90 1991A1?
The 80s seem to bring 800-1000 depending on condition. The 90s a little less.

I have a stainless 80 that is a great gun! wouldnt trade it. $700 sounds like a very good price depending on condition, finish, etc ...

NY ... are you even allowed to fondle it w/o providing a DNA sample first and having written permission from the president? lol.
Not sure which one, it was not SS, it was black. looked to be a very nice finish, not beat up at all with the older style wood grips like this one

·
cynic/realist
15,961 Posts
Kimbers aren't what they used to be. 1911's are COLT.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Not sure which one, it was not SS, it was black. looked to be a very nice finish, not beat up at all with the older style wood grips like this one
Right on the slide ... MK IV and underneath "Series 80"
Thats a good one!

·
I feared for my life!!!
14,663 Posts
You couldn't give me a Kimber...

·
Race Car Poor
8,359 Posts
Only 1911's worth owning are Springfields or Colts... for the money.

·
Not a Hemi!
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Should have bought it a few weeks ago. I went back last week and it was gone... must have been a good deal. Oh well, you snooze you lose..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts