Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I can't answer for the other racers who may have donated their monies to the NSCA. If there are any. I've had 65 views from the post I made on the NSCA message board and no replies.

All I can tell you is that Johnny and I agreed that we would donate our winnings to the Mark Walter-Katrina fund in the Winners' Circle @ Stanton. Now wether or not Marvin told Tony is another issue. Marvin had a heart attack right after Stanton. I'm not so sure if they had a chance to talk about the details due to the fact that they were driving back home.

That is what happened from the Baio camp. As far as anyone else is concerned...no one has replied or has spoken up yet. And you can't assume that we aren't the only ones who did that or assume that we are the only ones who did.

~Marie B.~

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
Marie Baio said:
...I can't answer for the other racers who may have donated their monies to the NSCA. If there are any. I've had 65 views from the post I made on the NSCA message board and no replies.

All I can tell you is that Johnny and I agreed that we would donate our winnings to the Mark Walter-Katrina fund in the Winners' Circle @ Stanton. Now wether or not Marvin told Tony is another issue. Marvin had a heart attack right after Stanton. I'm not so sure if they had a chance to talk about the details due to the fact that they were driving back home.

That is what happened from the Baio camp. As far as anyone else is concerned...no one has replied or has spoken up yet. And you can't assume that we aren't the only ones who did that or assume that we are the only ones who did.

~Marie B.~
This concludes your message from "The Great and Powerful OZ"

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Cut and Posted from the NSCA Website:

It should be noted here that a number of NSCA competitors donated their winnings from the weekend to Hurricane Katrina relief efforts being carried out by JAMA minister Mark Walter and is family. Our thanks to everyone who selflessly gave to help those in distress. It just goes to prove once again how generous and caring so many in the drag racing community truly are.

....This thread should have been titled by the author I'm tryin to save my ass..............I wasn't at Stanton you were!! Is this statement a lie?..........I have made a huge mistake in judgement.......but thanks I learned how to cut and paste.....so all wasn't lost :oops:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Look, Brian Wood was aware of some, doesn't mean five to ten people, it could have meant two or three, that they made donations to the Mark Walters-Katrina fund.

As I spoke with Tony regarding this issue this a.m., he was totally unaware of any donations to be forwarded to Mark. Like I said, I should have taken our check in Stanton and then forwarded it to Mark.

I apologize for this chaos, I didn't know this would create such a *explicitive which I don't care to use* problem!

~Marie B.~

1 - 7 of 7 Posts