Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
It makes you wonder why they haven't been doing the little things all along. I guess if gas is not an issue you don't worry about it. I noticed they didn't say anything about computer programing.

My 93 truck has one little rust spot that just started and my 98 cavalier has none.

·
Registered
16,659 Posts
Yeah, but can GM produce a body that doesn't start rusting out within two years?
I've owned several GM vehicles, put over 250K on three different ones, never had a problem with rust.

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
The rust problem worked it's self out in the late 80's. Of course depending where you live.

·
www.PelechBrosRacing.com
4,000 Posts
Put down the crack pipe toyota lover.

Toyota lover? Seriously? I've never owned a single foreign automobile - period. How about you?

I have a 2006 Impala with a deck lid that's already rusting out. Tell me again how GM is producing such high quality vehicles and how GM is being treated so unfairly by the consumer. GM has produced GARBAGE for A LOT of years, but you want us to believe all the sudden GM has turned it around and now produces the highest quality vehicles on the market? Wow! That's far out, man!

The only reason you want me to put down the crack pipe is so that you can huff another ten-rocks-in-a-row through it in order to continue believing your own GM-employee slanted brand of bullshit.

·
www.PelechBrosRacing.com
4,000 Posts
Ted must have read another toyota loving rag that told him how great Japanese metal was in the 70's, 80's and 90's....
I didn't say Toyaota was great. In fact, I bet I'm more 'pro-domestic' then you are. It's a fact that the Japanese have 'out quality'd' the U.S. brand for 15 years or more. The Japanese learned from their mistakes through the '80s...

...too bad GM didn't.

Remember, Chris, I work in the same industry you do. But unlike you, I work for a Tier One supplier who sells to the domestics & imports alike. I know which companies are willing to pay for high quality parts and which one aren't.

·
www.PelechBrosRacing.com
4,000 Posts
My 93 truck has one little rust spot that just started and my 98 cavalier has none.
The doors on my '99 Cavalier are rotted out so badly that I flinch in fear of them falling off everytime I go over rail road tracks.

But I guess I'm asking too much of a 9 year old vehicle...

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
I owned a 1982 Honda Accord, my first car. Was a hand me down from my parents. Car had 80,000 miles on it when I got it. At 85,000 miles the a/c compressor went out. Honda fixed it for free.

Bought a 1987 Olds Cutlass Calais (brand new), International Series with the cool ground affects, leather interior, loaded... Within 30k miles, it blew 2 head gaskets. It took them a week each time to get parts to service it.

1992, I bought a new GMC S-15 Sonoma with a 5-speed and 4.3 liter. Right off the lot, I drove it home with the a/c on. The a/c stopped working about 1/2 way home. Compressor was kicking on, fan was running, but no air was coming out of the vents. It took 4 trips back to the dealer within the first month for them to figure out the power steering load switch was bad. Within 10,000 miles, the truck developed a severe rattle in the throw out bearing. After complaining, the service manager told me "You bought a cheap truck, what do you expect?". That was the last GMC truck I bought.

1995, bought a Dodge Ram 1500 Sport. Put 75,000 miles on it in 5 years. In that time, the radio had failed in the first month. The EGR valve went out within a year, and at the same time the Dodge dealer tried pimping me on an "upper carbon cleaning", which I laughed at. The trans slipped, and it pretty much leaked from every seal it had. When I traded it in, the condenser under the dash was leaking, requiring a can of freon every 2 weeks.

I then bought a 2000 Tundra. 75,000 miles, and the only issue it ever had was a cracked exhaust manifold (around 60,000 miles) which the dealer took care of with no hassle.

I then sold that truck and leased a 2005 Tundra. No issues ever. Never in the dealer for anything other than oil changes (free via the lease).

I gave GMC a chance again, test driving a new 2008 truck, looking at the options, pricing, etc. I will give GMC the advantage on ride comfort and style, but that's it. The 5.3 Liter was a dog. The truck also had less options and a 4,000 price tag above the 2008 Tundra.

So, after having test drove them both, I leased another 2008 Tundra, which so far, hasn't given me any issues at all.

I've owned domestic and foreign vehicles. When the big 3 get their shit together and produce something value added rather than expensive luxury vehicles that break, I'll buy another.

I really don't give a fuck what Uratchko thinks, or what names he wants to call me. I buy what I can afford, and what is a good value to me, not him nor anyone else. When you want to buy me a truck, I'll gladly turn the lease back in.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
But GM, Ford and Chrysler have the highest initial quality....

That quality runs out around 20,000 miles. My mom has a 04 or 05 Impala and the ac vents broke while trying to adjust them at 10,000 miles or there about. The radio, ac and cooling system have all had issues since then it now has 80,000 miles on it and it rattles worse than my old 79 Camaro. I am not impressed at all. Oh and the drivers seat is flat, has no cushion to it anymore and she is really the only one who drives it and she is a whopping 5 feet tall and 120 pounds......

·
Super Moderator
34,776 Posts
Bla bla bla..... it's the poor me, I'm a poor american got screwed.

Big Deal Ted.... only been an employee here a short period.... been in the supplier ranks as long as you.

The fact that you can even bring up imports, and rust in the same statement as quality is pretty hilarious.......

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
Bla bla bla..... it's the poor me, I'm a poor american got screwed.

Big Deal Ted.... only been an employee here a short period.... been in the supplier ranks as long as you.

The fact that you can even bring up imports, and rust in the same statement as quality is pretty hilarious.......
So what you're saying is that you couldn't hack it on your own, and had to get a job.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.