Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got word that someone tech in at Atlanta and NHRA told them no hand brake in a super comp dragster that has been there for 4 years.Kind of strange that all of a sudden its is not allowed.Oh and don't forget the Impact seat belts that now they had to buy new because those were bad but not on the list of rejected seat belts.Here's the good part Impact is still here on the midway selling product now that is funny.One guy said they took his brake handle and will give it back to him at the end of the event.Just wondering if anybody that can read in Glendora looks here do you guys take stupid pills every day.Dam look at your car count for this event you almost had to pay Top Sportsman cars to run your Dart Dash because of the bullshit at Z-MAX and now this.NHRA should really start looking at what there doing if they don't want sportsman cars there just them tell they will go someplace else.:smt078

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Impact store/Headquarters/ in Brownsburg,Indiana is still up and running and selling products faster than they can make them.

·
Yellowbullet Overlord
26,324 Posts
Why would a hand brake be illegal?

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts
Why would a hand brake be illegal?

If it isn't installed properly.....

But I do know they wouldn't let us put a foot brake in an alky dragster..

·
This Space For Lease
2,294 Posts
Last year's Christmas party pic of NHRA senior management:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You would have to listen to the whole story behind the reason but it had something to with something that happened about 40 years ago which is where the bitch comes in to play.The next reason was that you could not have a hand brake and foot brake not work together if they were sperate functions it was illeagal.The one person I talk to tried to explain that if one system didn't work there was a back up NHRA tech guy said then pull the chute well buy that time may be a little late.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Something smells like shit here........I would have to hear this from one of the racers involved to get a better idea where this came from. Something from 40 years ago don't hold water.

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
It's one thing to race at a NHRA sanctioned track, if for nothing less be it convenience fine. But I have chosen to not support any of the national events that take place. I would much rather do a local bracket race and save a shit ton of money and vacation time, and not deal will all the bullshit that is the NHRA.

·
42,480 Posts
Face it guys, the NHRA is nothing more than the government of drag racing, and they will continue to fuck us all until we decide to stand together and force a change...Adding new chassis requirements all the time, and then jacking the fucking price to the moon was a fucking joke, but we all just followed right along like good little boys and its only gonna get worse!!!!!!!!!!!

Bottom line is simple

FUCK NHRA

·
time to go racing yet ?
33,032 Posts
You would have to listen to the whole story behind the reason but it had something to with something that happened about 40 years ago which is where the bitch comes in to play.The next reason was that you could not have a hand brake and foot brake not work together if they were sperate functions it was illeagal.The one person I talk to tried to explain that if one system didn't work there was a back up NHRA tech guy said then pull the chute well buy that time may be a little late.

i know a few guys who have dual brakes on there diggers , one with foot brake , other with hand brake . only makes sense to me to have something as a backup . what the fuck is a chute going to do ? sure in the hell aint gonna stop you 100%

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Something smells like shit here........I would have to hear this from one of the racers involved to get a better idea where this came from. Something from 40 years ago don't hold water.
You can make it smell what ever you want to make it smell like but when you have an old crusty phucker doing tech that all he knows is alky shit he can quote you shit from 40 years ago so get another glass for your water cause yours has a hole in it.:smt077

·
42,480 Posts
You can make it smell what ever you want to make it smell like but when you have an old crusty phucker doing tech that all he knows is alky shit he can quote you shit from 40 years ago so get another glass for your water cause yours has a hole in it.:smt077
Could they produce the part in the rule book that stated the handbrake was prohibited?

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
Face it guys, the NHRA is nothing more than the government of drag racing, and they will continue to fuck us all until we decide to stand together and force a change...Adding new chassis requirements all the time, and then jacking the fucking price to the moon was a fucking joke, but we all just followed right along like good little boys and its only gonna get worse!!!!!!!!!!!

Bottom line is simple

FUCK NHRA
And....... There you have it.....:smt023:smt023:smt023

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Don't take offense to what I said. This is not a personal dig at you. I am stating that an explanation of something from 40 years ago is bullshit. I will call my friends that are there running Super Comp and Stock and find out what the deal is. There is more to this story than what is being said. If I gave an example to a racer of something that happened 40 years ago, concerning safety and tried to apply that today they would laugh me outta the dragstrip. I am making my call to a former World Champ that has that set up and find out if he got bounced and why or why not.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts