Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Hemi Cuda'
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well for on the starter doesnt fit i have this adater plate sos I can use me rossler 210 which looks like it will bolt up the the starter does NOT fit were its supposed to and the postion that the plate looks like it wants to be wont fit ither becasue of the oil lines

·
Confused Racer
41,937 Posts
Ohhh you have a adapter plate. Sorry i use a JW adapter. Its gonna take pictures and more info on who's adapter your using to help you out.

here is what the JW bell adapter looks like:

·
Super Moderator
19,629 Posts
Get rid of that shitty plate and get an ultrabell for your T400 with the right crank adapters. Now you have the adapter and your going to add your midplate to that? You have a block that is clearanced for a starter in the stock location , so you'll be much better with the bell.

Hutch

·
Registered
70 Hemi Cuda'
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Get rid of that shitty plate and get an ultrabell for your T400 with the right crank adapters. Now you have the adapter and your going to add your midplate to that? You have a block that is clearanced for a starter in the stock location , so you'll be much better with the bell.

Hutch
You got one ?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I've had this before, because the starter is now lower than the stock location it wants to hit your oil lines. If you put it in the oem location you would have to cut the corner off the bell housing. So they move it lower. I moved my oil lines forward. But when I had all my Dodge stuff they didn't have all the different bell housings that they have now. On one of my motors I moved the starter to the right side, below the block ( had to notch the oil pan kick out) since these are skirted blocks I didn't think it would make much difference, but it worked. When I got the plate from ATI I had the drill and tap the plate so I could mount the starter on both sides. With the adapter you are going to have to move your oil lines or move the starter to the other side. Or as Hutch says go to a after market bell

·
Registered
70 Hemi Cuda'
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes ill adapt that pos for something else
anybody got a hemi to th400 ultra bell sitting in there shop collecting dust?

·
Confused Racer
41,937 Posts
Yes ill adapt that pos for something else
anybody got a hemi to th400 ultra bell sitting in there shop collecting dust?

Do you have a 8 bolt pump t400 trans? As for it being for a hemi it doesn't matter. What you need to be asking is who has a JW adapter bell for ___bolt crankshaft. I use a 6 it looks like yours is a 8

1 - 15 of 15 Posts