Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Impeach obama
6,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a misprint, 160#'s of pork butts, after all ground and stuffed, 171#'s.

My buddy and his family used an Italian recipe that has been in the family since the 40's

It was a BLAST!

These are crappy cell phone pics after we had done about 165 pounds.

the hopper had the last of the meat in it and I could sit down.

9.5 hours

·
Registered
805 Posts
Looks great.

I need friends like yours. My friends, after 9 1/2 hours, the tables would be full of beer cans. Nobody would be working any more and we'd still have 85 pounds to go.

·
Bovine Scatologist
17,834 Posts
looks good man! My family and I have been making sausage as long as I have been alive. Now my wife and daughter help me..

We make between 150 and 200# a year of deer and other sausage.

1st_Gen, 1977Nova and uf63 have all tried my deer sausage and said they liked it. I made it a little too spicy last year (daughter won't eat it). I will make it more mild this year.

uf63 sent me some brat and italian sausage spice mixes a couple of years ago and they turned out awesome. I am going to make more this year.

I make my deer sausage with my own recipe that I have perfected over the years...

·
Impeach obama
6,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that last "batch" was only 4 pounds, we added a full habernero and a habenero that was deseeded to it.

Came out awesome.

skos, I gotta tell you man, that looks fantastic!

·
WTF?
12,518 Posts
If you guys are going to post pictures and shit, you damn well need to share!:) I know Skos's is good stuff! Bretts looks like I need to taste it to approve it!! LOL.

·
Impeach obama
6,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you guys are going to post pictures and shit, you damn well need to share!:) I know Skos's is good stuff! Bretts looks like I need to taste it to approve it!! LOL.
I screwed up and only ordered 4 pounds, next time we do it....probably 5 years from now :( I'll order 20

Told the family that I am officially italian now so they can share all of the family receipes with me :p

With that being said, I can borrow the grinder, so I will make up a batch of breakfast patty meat for deer camp.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Looks like a sausage fest to me!!!!!! lol

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
looks good man! My family and I have been making sausage as long as I have been alive. Now my wife and daughter help me..

We make between 150 and 200# a year of deer and other sausage.

1st_Gen, 1977Nova and uf63 have all tried my deer sausage and said they liked it. I made it a little too spicy last year (daughter won't eat it). I will make it more mild this year.

uf63 sent me some brat and italian sausage spice mixes a couple of years ago and they turned out awesome. I am going to make more this year.

I make my deer sausage with my own recipe that I have perfected over the years...

This kid makes some great sausage I been lucky enough to have some! Over the top!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts