Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my old lady is on this vegitarian kick......... which other than sneaking a burger here and there at work makes me on a vegitarian kick......... you guys have any veggie recipes that are good?

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
My ex-wife was veggie.

Big supermarkets carry a lentil/bean loaf deal, that is a veggie meat loaf. You could have that once in a while.

I used to make meat on the side for myself.

My current wife is not a veggie.

·
Registered
764 Posts
You can grill up a few of those large portabella mushrooms, hit them with some steak seasoning and they will almost pass for beef.

If you were not eating veggies at all it will take a while to get used to them solo. Do not fall for that treehuggin tofo shit like tofu dogs etc, all the crap in those things will kill you faster than a tub of lard.

Do not over cook or over spice and you should be fine, lay off the butter and use olive oil and fresh herbs.

Good news is maybe your old lady will be in such good shape and you can reap the benefits

·
Registered
8,147 Posts

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
There is something about cream of asparagus on toast, that you don't miss the meat as much. It's fairly simple.
Can asparagus
3 Tbs Flour
3 Tbs butter
Milk
salt and white pepper to taste
pinch of onion flakes optional.

Sauce pan medium heat, make a rue that is equal parts butter and flour melt it down stirring. keep heating it for a couple minutes to get rid of flour taste. this will be like a paste. do not let it turn brown from too much heat. Start adding milk and switch to a whisk consistently stirring. you want just enough milk to thin it to a heavy gravy when you get the first bubbles of a boil. salt and white pepper it then lightly fold in drained asparagus. set off fire for a few minutes and serve over toast, or grilled French bread slices.

This white sauce works great for spinach or most greens, and the base for a lot of other sauces.

·
Wearing my WWII helmet
19,489 Posts
my old lady is on this vegitarian kick......... which other than sneaking a burger here and there at work makes me on a vegitarian kick......... you guys have any veggie recipes that are good?
Man up! Buy the steak and burgers for yourself. If she wants to suffer eating rabbit food, let her.:smt065

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Man up! Buy the steak and burgers for yourself. If she wants to suffer eating rabbit food, let her.:smt065
im with you! but she does the cooking most of the time. and shes losin wieght and looking better than ever........... so its kinda one of those ill lose the battle to win the war kinda things.

·
Wearing my WWII helmet
19,489 Posts
I'm with ya!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts