Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 68 camaro, ladder bars, 555 with 1 kit.car weights 2880 with me in it.just baught a set of strange DA rear shocks. just wondering what a good starting point would be to start with for settings. was thinking about starting in the middle but figured id ask first. any imput would help.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Regular or stiff sidewall? I'd start at 3 clicks each and tighten from there. I have Strange Dbl. Adj. in my car too, love them. If it's a really tight track you can start at 4 clicks. The tighter the shock the harder the hit but if it's a bumpy track you can't go too tight or you will lose traction over the bumps.

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,413 Posts
How clicks? With or without a trans brake.

You want extension to be a 1/3 of the way loose. And compression to be full stiff to 1/4 stiff. That would be my approach. Let it seperate, and then prevent the rear from springing back into the chassis.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,610 Posts
My Strange shocks have 10 adjustments on each side. If you reread his question he did say Strange DA. Thats how i came up with the starting point.
That's fine. But when people read this thread and see to start at 3 clicks not knowing HOW many clicks are on the specific shock being discussed, well, that can certainly lead someone down the wrong path.

My coil overs only have 10 clicks to them.

·
Senor Frog
8,949 Posts
i have a 68 camaro, ladder bars, 555 with 1 kit.car weights 2880 with me in it.just baught a set of strange DA rear shocks. just wondering what a good starting point would be to start with for settings. was thinking about starting in the middle but figured id ask first. any imput would help.

what kind of tire ? and how much power
I ran the same shocks,out of the box they even on 10 are pretty soft

1 - 20 of 22 Posts