Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK Guys I need a Good Starting Point or perhaps just some suggestions. I have made some Minor valve train changes. I switched from 3/8 stud and SVO 1.6 Rockers to 7/16 Pro Comp Magnum Rockers. My Push Rod Length Prior was 6.550 and now they are way to short. What length do most of your guys without Shaft mounts Run. I understand there are many different factors and I have already ordered a pushrod length checker! Just curious. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have always used around the 6.55 range for TFS TW heads and both shaft and stud mount rockers. I typically have the heads deck milled down some to get the CC down, but you just need to use your adjustable pushrod to figure it out.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have always used around the 6.55 range for TFS TW heads and both shaft and stud mount rockers. I typically have the heads deck milled down some to get the CC down, but you just need to use your adjustable push rod to figure it out.
Thanks.. I would think that the rocker arm geometry would change so drastically. My 6.550 are about a 1/4" to short now!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looking for more results guys. This borad moves quick.

·
Elite Member
13,552 Posts
I'm not much of a help, but I have a brand new set of 3/8 .120 wall hardened pushrods, 6.975 long I'd sell for $75 :D

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
OK Guys I need a Good Starting Point or perhaps just some suggestions. I have made some Minor valve train changes. I switched from 3/8 stud and SVO 1.6 Rockers to 7/16 Pro Comp Magnum Rockers. My Push Rod Length Prior was 6.550 and now they are way to short. What length do most of your guys without Shaft mounts Run. I understand there are many different factors and I have already ordered a pushrod length checker! Just curious. Thanks in advance.
7.000 - 7.100

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My Push Rod Checker will be here tomorrow. I will let you guys know whats size I end up with. Thanks for all of the feed back and the offers on your parts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts