Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to try and move the front of my ladders UP 1 hole.

Problem--i cant get the big bolt to come loose !! Either side .

So, how do I want the car = jacked up on diff. ?

jacked up on frame with suspension un loaded ?

or car on the ground ??

ive tried all 3 but the fuckin bolt wont come out---unless i hammer it out.....but i dont want to and shouldnt have to do that ... correct ?

If i do get it out, will the bars move drastically---as in , are they "sprung" ?

·
e85 & injection guru
5,391 Posts
pull both and reset neutral with desired pinion angle -1.5/2 for me.
then add just enough preload with drivers weight in seat with rt. side bar bolt out.
so it raises to half a bolt hole to high so you have to pull down on bar to get bolt in .
this should be close . if it pulls add flats or take away on r/s bar till its straight when in grove .

·
First round fodder...
3,602 Posts
jack stands under car and rearend, pull shocks loose, pull front bolts. as long as the coilovers are in place its trying to roll the rear. shocks go on last then check pinion angle, etc with it back on the floor.....

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok...stupid question , again, im new to ladder bars.....

in this pic, its the rear of the bar. Do i need to loosen the big nut on the left in order to take out preload , by adjusting the smaller nut ? There is also the same large nut on the front .

if so-- i dont have a wrench big enough to get it loose !

·
Registered
13,339 Posts
You need to loosen both nuts, one end of the adjuster have left hand threads, the other right, so that you can lengthen and shorten the bottom of the bar. The center hex is your adjuster, the other two are just jamb nuts. When you start turning the adjuster count how many flats you have to go to get it neutral where the bolt will come out. After you move the bars put those flats back in and you should have a good staring point, that's if the car is leaving straight now.

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks---- ran out of time and didnt have big wrench----- went racing--- car hooked great the 2 time runs...then spun in elims like usual..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts