Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 cars both bb chev 1 n/a other twin turbo blow thru. on e 85 both are tuned well and run good . problem is I get a lot of water on bottom of valve covers and then it gets in oil. I rarely race or drive cars just stay in garage, on n/a motor couple of bearings were damadged by water. it also milks oil just a little but it definatly breaks oil down. my motor just has breathers on valve covers and turbo goes from valve covers to breather tanks. maybe I could use electric pump to suck out moisture after shut down? also it has eaten on carb. but I think I know how to handle that just remove bowls and blocks and wd 40 them and put back on when in use? what about lucas additive ? I could go to gas but other people say they run it ?

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Ran E85 on my last car and had some of the same issues. Still loved it.
The moisture can't be totally solved but using an s10 smog pump as an evacuator helps to vent some out. (it's electric and you can let it run in the pits while cooling down. It takes a little plumbing to get hooked up but works well. There is no power increase but it helps the moisture problem)
As far as the corrosion stuff I used Lucas and stabil's ethanol additive. I didn't have a huge problem other than fittings but I used that stuff from day one.

·
Registered
6,633 Posts
Vacuum pump for engine moisture. Klotz Uplon for a fuel additive. Any extended sit time flush the carb with mineral spirits or WD.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Vacuum pump for engine moisture. Klotz Uplon for a fuel additive. Any extended sit time flush the carb with mineral spirits or WD.
I turn my electric fuel pump off, run the car out of E-85.
With a squirt bottle fill the bowls with gas and a heavy mix of 2 cycle oil and fire it up and let it run out and die.

Jim

·
Registered
370 Posts
ok the moisture thing is with any alky fuel !
the cheapest and fastest way around this is a bilge draft fan or ford, gm/bmw aux. on or in line to a puke tank off the valve covers .
this allows you to pull vapors at warm up ,pit road and after shut down . it will not pull a vacuum down track or help ring seal but it will ll a ton of moisture outta the crank case .
if you get a alum water bottle and bike bracket at the dollar store and some stainless steel scrubbie pad you a few fittings away form no more milk shake

·
Registered
679 Posts
I put oil fill caps in the top of both my valve covers. I pull those at the end of the day. I notice a huge difference if I don't vent the valve covers. I also run the car up pretty hot before I'm done for the day. That was on E85. When I went to alcohol I added a vacuum pump to the engine.

·
Bracket racer
13,290 Posts
After you're done racing, get it nice and hot. E-85 user here. No moisture problems.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts