Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
496 blower motor HELP!!

I'm Building a tall deck 496 bbc blower motor. I want to run it on e85. Scat 4340 crank, scat H beam rods, diamond pistons, pro 1 aluminum heads(325 runners got them cheep),Hydrolic roller cam, etc... Factory tall deck 4 bolt block with billet main caps(studded) How much boost can I run on e85? How much compression do I need for E85 roots blower motor? How much hp to expect with this combo with a 871 and e85( ball park of course)? 871 big enough?This is for a radical street motor that will only be driven at Cruiz ins and shows! Maybe 50-100 miles a year.Will it need to be o ringed or will cometic gaskets be ok at the boost recomended for this combo? I will be installing a BAU injector on in NO carbs.

Any help,info or tips will be apreciated !!

Thx...

·
Registered
918 Posts
Last year we did a 496 E-85 test Mule....

10:1 static compression
Edelbrock 290cc oval port aluminum heads that we hand ported and only got them to 300cc
Copper head gaskets with NO o-ring
Solid roller camshaft
hampton 8-71 blower
2 predator carbs home mod for the E-85
Dual plate nitrous kit

We ran this engine at 14lbs of boost and a 400 hit of nitrous all on staright E-85 and 23 for timing!! It was in a boat and by the rpm we were turning (7400) we were making over 1400hp with this set up!! We beat the hell of out it all summer and actually ended up cracking the back of the block right at the end of the summer.... All the cylinders, pistons and chambers looked great!! Got a new block and put it back togeather.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last year we did a 496 E-85 test Mule....

10:1 static compression
Edelbrock 290cc oval port aluminum heads that we hand ported and only got them to 300cc
Copper head gaskets with NO o-ring
Solid roller camshaft
hampton 8-71 blower
2 predator carbs home mod for the E-85
Dual plate nitrous kit

We ran this engine at 14lbs of boost and a 400 hit of nitrous all on staright E-85 and 23 for timing!! It was in a boat and by the rpm we were turning (7400) we were making over 1400hp with this set up!! We beat the hell of out it all summer and actually ended up cracking the back of the block right at the end of the summer.... All the cylinders, pistons and chambers looked great!! Got a new block and put it back togeather.
Damn!! Nos too!! So you made about 1000hp without the nos? You think its a streetable combo?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Ran about 15lbs of roots boost on my 9.5:1 526ci Pontiac, made about 1140hp at that level. Ran carbs on that setup, Cometic gaskets - should be no sweat with a BBC head stud arrangement. A non-stripped 8-71 should get you in the 12-15psi range with a 496ci.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts