Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK we seem to have a little problem with our drain set up. We changed the position of the fitting on the pan, and now it is way to tight. Right now its a -10 90 degree fitting out of the turbo, then it truns right 90, then left 90 and then straight into the pan. It is not really reasonable to move the fitting on the pan. Of course moving the turbo is out of the question for now as well. I think if we had something more flexable than braided AN line we would be ok. What other material can we make the drain out of?

Thanks,
Sean

·
Registered
566 Posts
You can without it collapsing like the braided hose will, you can also use pre bent short radius mandrel sections or even donuts and weld them together. I guarentee you will be able to make a much better drain than you have at the moment and as a bonus it wont burn up like braided hose will.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
you have any pics of this?

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
When placing a oil return bung in the pan I was told to put it on the drivers side in line with a main cap. This would keep pressure or windage out of the return bung. Is it possible that this can be a problem ?

Another solution as suggested above i would make a hard line return.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
you want the bung as high as you can weld it in the pan and yes make it to where the oil hits the cap. if the turbo drain lines are near level leaving it will drain back into the turbo. i run a pump from rb racing over in california. its awesome and wont have this problem anymore. i have a few 90degree bends also. get the pump and be done with it. i run the best one they have and its around 300buck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts