Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,Im looking for some help with finding a BBC Crate Engine to ship back to AUSTRALIA for my 57 sports coupe. Ive found a guy in Muncie IN Nyes Automotive that seams to be a good deal for what you get. (582 Pump Gas) Can anyone over there tell me if his engines are any good or steer me in the right direction. Thanks

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,069 Posts
I'VE GOT THERE 540 PUMP GAS MOTOR, AND I'M PRETTY PLEASED WITH IT.

·
T/S 368E
32,383 Posts

Being so far away, I would go big name only. I know plenty of little guys are great guys with excellent products.
The problem is you can't drive over to get an issue fixed, once it's down there.

My 2 cents, Schmidt or R/M make an excellent basic crate engine.

Good luck.

·
RED ROCKET
8,634 Posts

Being so far away, I would go big name only. I know plenty of little guys are great guys with excellent products.
The problem is you can't drive over to get an issue fixed, once it's down there.

Good luck.

i agree,,,

·
Registered
71,653 Posts

Good luck.

X3.
My nod would be to Reher & Morrison.

EDIT: just be sure to explain to the builder you chose the circumstances and ask them what type of support they would be willing to offer if there is a problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the Replys, Keep them coming and i will keep doing my homework on these engines.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Suggestion to 57 CHV....if you ever want to find out what a shop is like google is your friend. Type in the company name and then the word "problem" after it.....if anybody has ever had an issue with them they invariably use the word "problem" in their internet discussion....ala: I bought an engine from ........... and the first time I fired it there was a "problem" blah, blah, blah....

Its up to you what you believe or discard in your search for information, IMO generally one or two posts are easy to diagnose but if you find pages of problems in your google search, then its time to think hard about spending money with the company....

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
x2 i think tere are some rip off threads on racing junk.com about nyes! but i cant remember!

Negative on this post ... not a single rip off post on Nyes
now shaffiroff u may find something else

Nyes builds a ton of stuff, short blocks or complete motors all done in house, dyno'd in house. There is a reason they sell a ton and dont have issues :-D call and ask for Pat .. I own one of his 582's

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
reher morrison or steve schmidt,bes,sunset racecraft.schmidt is about the only one who gives a warranty.i run a schmidt 598 it has been very good to so far.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts