Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up new to the forum my 60 ft times are off and car leaves and hooks kinda feels flat then you can almost feel like a burst of power before pulling second gear and car pulls very hard up top wondering if carb is too big or squirter's are too big giving it too much intial shot making is big down out of the hole curious if anyone ran into this build goes as follows 446 big block mopar
10.6-1 compression
Trick flow 240 heads ootb
Eledbrock victor intake gasket match port
LSM hydraulic roller cam 640 lift with 1.6 rocker [email protected] 112lsa in at 108
Carb was built for setup 1000cfm
Front PV 6.5 rear plugged
Jets primary 84 secondary 92
50cc pumps front and rear
#45 squirter's front and rear
Built 727 trans 4200 9.5 converter
Timing 37 degrees all in at 2500rpm
Car weights 3360 with driver
29x13.5 hoosier qtp hooks fine
Best 60 ft 1.70 foot braking I feel car should be 1.60 1.62 in my opinion for the setup but any info would be appreciated kinda thought the squrters sounded big but would that explain the flatness then the burst of power burning the fuel off idk interested in any similar scenarios thanks best pass is 1.70 60ft 11.32 at 120mph in quarter.

·
Registered
68 Posts
One more thing, A Chrysler engine especially one with that big of camshaft really likes for the timing to be locked out and set between 36-38 degrees. I would do that regardless. That alone will make a huge difference. and yes it will start as easy as it does now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One more thing, A Chrysler engine especially one with that big of camshaft really likes for the timing to be locked out and set between 36-38 degrees. I would do that regardless. That alone will make a huge difference. and yes it will start as easy as it does now.
Yes I agree I'm gonna lock it out give that a try don't look like I will get back to the track this year but I did put 35 squrters seemed to feel a little better but that's on the street will see.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Big carb, single plane intake, mild compression. My bet is the converter is to tight.. Borrow a small carb and test. Even if it hurts it down track you'll see how it effects the 60ft.
Doug

·
Registered
736 Posts
For a reference my car is 3850lb which I footbrake (stage at ~1500rpm) with a 4.11 IRS rear, TH350 with a 4500rpm convertor, 6L LS (430rwhp) on 28x9 pro radials and I 60ft in the 1.48 - 1.54 range and runs 10.8X @ 125mph.

FWIW, my convertor (IMO) wasn't very well optimised so I reckon there was more in it if I really wanted to push........but it was a DYO car so not chasing every last tenth.

·
Registered
6,310 Posts
I'm with DVW....Converter is too tight....

I have a 3200lb cuda with a magnum small block with 4.10 gears goes 1.50 60 fts footbraking with a 8 inch converter that flashes 5300 RPM...Runs low 11s at 120.

Your car should be in the high 10s at least....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Is that the highest you can hold the car at the line (with decent brakes)?

I 60’ at about 1.49 to 1.51 and run 11.20s to 11.30s with about 500 HP or less.
I can stage my car comfortably at 2700 easily.
The falling on its nose is interesting and I wonder too about the converter.
I admit to be not very well versed on converters, but once moving and at higher RPM a too tight converter will be less of an effect.

Good luck and keep us in the loop and let us know how things end up.

JT

1 - 20 of 24 Posts