Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ladder bar crossmember #1 bar is made into 3 pieces(frame tied with 2x3 tubing). My outer #1 bars are 2 inches rear from being directly inline with the crossmember. I have stock floorpans. Do I have to add a #39 bar? It says in the book that the #39 bar must be coincident with the center section of rear cross member but I have no room because they(outer #1) are so short already. I am looking at page 7. Please help pics would be nice. :confused:

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Stuff like that usuaully ends up being a judgement call by the guy cert your chassis, but they will probably want something done. I would call Pat at NHRA tech in Cali. then call whoever you think is going to do cert. May be easier to move the center than go though the "hoops". Maybe a 2 x 3 gusset would work, let them tell you. Ultimatly they have the last say.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stuff like that usuaully ends up being a judgement call by the guy cert your chassis, but they will probably want something done. I would call Pat at NHRA tech in Cali. then call whoever you think is going to do cert. May be easier to move the center than go though the "hoops". Maybe a 2 x 3 gusset would work, let them tell you. Ultimatly they have the last say.
I agree with you, probaly going to determine who certs it. the book is kinda confusing when it says "on the above section if you have stock frame pans you dont have to have them", I dont know if they are talking about the front only or are they talking about both. Depends on what you consider to be a section.Thanks

·
fabricator
1,172 Posts
I've ran into this issue before doing an update on a car. I added plate and gussets to the corners to add strength in that area. It passed certification with no problems. It is always best to check with the man who is going to cert it though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts