Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,
Trying to help a friend of the wife out with a messed up Explorer.
It is a 2004 2wd Explorer with a 4.6L SOHC.
it just randomly stalls, I can get it to do it on the street or on my chassis dyno but it will not throw a code. About every 6-7 time it will get a P2106 P2195 P0606 P0320code.
She has had it at 3 dealers and two shops. they have replaced the throttle (electronic), TPS, Crank Sensor, ECM and it stills stalls.
I have done traces, checked every ground .......
Does anyone have experience with this issue?
Hope the Bullet can help.
Paul Powell

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on someone has seen this.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not throwing a FP code.

·
Registered
293 Posts
There was a TSB in 2005 for 2 of your codes to replace tp sensor and reprogram.You allready said they were replaced.The 0606 is a pcm code in reference to throttle boby,and one other code has to do will a lean condition.The 0606 code is a code you do not address unless it is an only code.Were all the parts replaced new or used and no part ever fixed the concern even if only briefly?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The new ecm seemed to fix it for about 2 weeks. I think it was she just did not drive it very much. (it was loaded with the latest software at that time too) The vehicle will never do it when it is cold (this is the one thing that bugs me). Once it is up to temp it will do it at will. Step on the gas and stall (on a fast or slow tip in). Not every time but most of the time. If it does not cut off it will normally have a bad stutter at about 5000 rpm right before the 1-2 shift. When I say bad I mean like you go against the seat belts and a dead pedal fell and then take back off. I have run in on my dyno and when it does it the thing goes to 0 power and then picks right back up to the 180 -190 hp range. This one has me stumped to say the least. The no Code condition is really strange to me.
Paul

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Low voltage will do that if it loses the sync between the app and the tb it will stall, When it does it again look at your freeze frame data and see what what you have..

·
Creepy Ass Cracka
5,801 Posts
Could be a whole lot of things, your going to have to graph all the data and see what the computer is seeing when it cuts off. Is the tps or app going to zero? Is the ckp or cmp sensor dropping out or loosing sync? There's wiring issues around the egr tube, bad diode in the alternator, rf interference from the alternator, we could go all day here. Without data its all speculation. Sounds like someone has just loaded up the parts shotgun and hasn't fixed a thing... Where's this thing located?

·
Creepy Ass Cracka
5,801 Posts
I see that your shop is 30 minutes from me. I wouldn't mind taking a look at it. PM me if you want my info.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree with the parts shotgun!!!! it was loaded for Bear and they killed everything but the problem.
I am currently waiting for my OTC Genisys to get back after taking a s#$^ for the 4th time.
I am going to check the fuel pressure today and scope the electrical to the Fuel Pump and let you know.
thanks for the help guys. This one is just strange to me. I am use to seeing the cam, crank, battery, ......... drop out and EMI but it normally throw all kinds of codes. But for a vehicle to go and shutdown totally cut off and no codes on a 2004 car is really strange.
Again thanks for the help.
Paul

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I am gonna go against the grain here... I would start looking at coils and plugs. We have a lot of issues with RF frequency problems. One coil or plug could cause this and hard to find.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts