Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I post a screen shot of my data from a run this weekend form my Digital 7? I think my converter has given up the ghost and was wanting Hutch to take a look at it. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll do it. What is happening is that my truck has been off the wall inconsistent and all last year would not get on the 2 step at all. This year it gets up to 4k but 2 step is at 4200. It just won't get up there and used to do it with ease. It is a 383 and I spray a 32 and a 24 jet through 2 foggers so it should gain rpm pretty good an it also used to do that. Well we went Friday night and it will not et the mph was down 6mph and it has been suffering as much as 10 mph. It runs well into the 5's but a 6.01 was the best it would do. Found a bunch of goldish (brass or copper) in the fluid, it is still red, but smells funny as hell. Type-F fluid. Look at the very gradual almost no rpm increase over the run and the little to no increase after shift. It also when staging up and especially on the t-brake sounds like something rubbing, almost like an electric fan blades rubbing on something kinda like zzzzz. lol I know this is all a bit fuzzy, but a very very experienced friend and racer says it's the converter. It had anew set of planetaries installed last year after I grenaded the old set. It is a Neal Chance converter about 4 years old. I am taking it out tomorrow and gonna send it to be checked also gonna have tranny guy open up tranny and take a look too. Just wanted to see what you thought. Sorry so long it will be in your email from [email protected]

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK give me a few minutes and I will. lol I just got the tranny back and my guy said absolutely nothing wrong with it. Just horribly full of metal shavings. He cleaned it all out and change dthe gaskets. Just waiting to hear back about the converter now

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah when I started this I had no idea what it was, but after having the tranny gone through and absolutely no problems, I know it has to be the converter. I borrowed one similar to mine and it pulls a whole hell of a lot harder than mine did, so it speaks for itself. I would have never guessed that there could have been that many shavings in tranny. I mean it would have filled a paint can lid 2x's over

1 - 8 of 8 Posts