Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trying to purge through motor it will hit clean once and then try again it will pop like a cannon ngk10 32 nitrous 28 fuel 5.25 lbs flowing pulling 12 from 36 total trying to run tommorow need help less timing less fuel help

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
Seriously. How on earth can you determine anything from purging into the motor? Thats ridiculous. I get a kick out of people tuning with the "bang button". Maybe you are loading it up doing it that way?

Take it to the track, purge into the air and make a hit. Then see if it has a issue.

I have NEVER purged into the motor and have NEVER had a issue.

·
Grandpa
6,479 Posts
what engine combo? just my .02 , but it seems to me you have to much timing in it.can you set your base at 30 and still pull the 12 out? that would seem closer to me.those bang buttons are nice but I would not try to tune my setup by it I run the same set up on a 15 degree sbc and I run 5.5lb pulling 14 out of a 30 base with a NGK 11.runs like a top.

·
Grandpa
6,479 Posts
Seriously. How on earth can you determine anything from purging into the motor? Thats ridiculous. I get a kick out of people tuning with the "bang button". Maybe you are loading it up doing it that way?

Take it to the track, purge into the air and make a hit. Then see if it has a issue.

I have NEVER purged into the motor and have NEVER had a issue.
Damn Mike I was just thinking the same thing;)

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i just hooked it up for the first time and was just trying to make sure it was working but found out as long as you are above 3000 rpm and purge it it hits like a cannon and i like giving it the bang button but different strokes for different folks my motor doesnt like low timing so i had to make sure the rpms were up to acceptable levels everytime i go to a quick 8 race they use bang buttons hell just about everyone ddown here does no problem thanks for the help

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
i just hooked it up for the first time and was just trying to make sure it was working but found out as long as you are above 3000 rpm and purge it it hits like a cannon and i like giving it the bang button but different strokes for different folks my motor doesnt like low timing so i had to make sure the rpms were up to acceptable levels everytime i go to a quick 8 race they use bang buttons hell just about everyone ddown here does no problem thanks for the help
I'm glad you solved the problem. Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts