Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BILLET SPECIALTIES....15 /12 WITH A 6.5 INCH BACK SPACE --
i have wilwoods are the rear now and they are not even close to fitting over the brakes...i called areospace ad wilwood and they are of no help! i know some guys in here are running these wheels ..what size wheels do u guys have and what brakes.....asap

·
J&E POWER!!
4,965 Posts
i have 15x10 with 5.5" bs with wilwood brakes, its CLOSE as hell. thinking the 6.5" theres no way to fit them, without grinding on the caliper :confused:

·
J&E POWER!!
4,965 Posts
its the inner wheel design that makes them not fit right, but does allow for a double beadlock to be used with drag radials!

·
Registered
450 Posts
I think Paul F. had this problem too. check out his posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
I had the same problem...15x10 with 13" wilwood rear drag kit. Now I have the aerospace setup even after destoying a wilwood caliper trying to get them to fit.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
LOL--Your fucked!!!!!

Just had the SAME problem 2 weeks ago--had Wilwood --called Billet Spec and they said aerospace is the only on that would fit--NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Overnight a set and had to grind those calipers tooo!!!!!

Talk to Scott at Billet Spec--They KNOW there is a prob cause they DON'T make the back half of the wheel only the front portion and they had that disclaimer on their website that said all these aftermarket brakes won't fit--those companies made them remove that disclaimer---lol

Here is there solution--wheels with a 4.5 back space or less or grind the caliper--NICE FUCKIN SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
450 Posts
wow looks like expensive rims that cost you even more money. go with M/T lighter and no issues.

I understand wanting a specific look, but at the price of frustration and cost of new brakes. Billet needs to get a handle on that.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
The rear "drum" is the same diameter since 1979 made by one of two companies in the country.

Quote from Billet Spec "these wheels are mainly for cars with FACTORY stlye brakes"

I said "How many race cars have FACTORY style brakes"

response " HMMMMM--that's a good point"

·
Registered
920 Posts
I put some on a rig with 10's and 4.5 bs and duel caliper aerospace brakes. no grinding. i Have rear drums on my car so i didnt have any problems. i have 12's with 7.5 bs

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I guess you didnt read my post...

4.5 backspace--NO PROBLEM--when you get 5.5 or more the wheel (drum) tapers in.

35 minutes on the phone with Billet Spec 2 days before a car needed to leave my shop for Super Chevy!!

Not a fun conversation--and all that could bascially say is "You have some good points"

·
Registered
920 Posts
ya actually i did. but my wheels will fit over the same brake set up with 7.5 bs. I had some of the first sets summit had. so maybe mine are made different in the back side. i dont know. I also know that on my 5/8's stud washers i had to machine the ends down to fit in the wheels. and the newer ones u dont. so maybe thats the difference.

·
Fords Only
4,041 Posts
I also know that on my 5/8's stud washers i had to machine the ends down to fit in the wheels. and the newer ones u dont. so maybe thats the difference.
same issue and I bought mine late spring time. The only slight minor figment problem I have is when using the 5/8 studs with nut/ spacer inserts, the nut flange will compress slightly against the corners on the rim. This is using Strange's 5/8 nut/spacer. I didnt care, but need to use a nut with less of a tapper or Billet add a bit more clearance.

·
ProStock Jackstand Winner
25,123 Posts
M/T had the same problem with the first sets of rear wheels. They were tapered. We had a set that wouldn't fit any disc brakes without a spacer on it and grinding on the caliper.

they fixed that problem with the next setup.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Maybe I got lucky, I have the 15x12 with a 6.5 backspace with double bead locks and Stange dual rear brakes. They fit, they are close but they fit with no grinding. I also got thinker lug spacers so the nut does not hit.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts