Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[/IMG]About 10 years ago I had a hookup in Miami that sold me 4 Nissan JDM - TD27 turbo diesels which were a great bolt in to the Hardbody D21 and Frontier trucks here in the US.

My daily driver is the Frontier pictured that has an Xterra grille. I installed the 4cyl diesel almost 4 years ago in this truck and love it.

Upon an injector rebuild a few years back the fuel return line at the injectors cracked and it was butchered up ( by me ) trying to fix it. Parts like this are almost impossible to get here in the US but I have found a few sources but no one has what I need. What Im hoping is to find someone in England that can find me a return line like the one pictured for a TD27 diesel or possibly a TD25. I have a family member that will be in London next week on business and wont have the time or ability to do this research for me but could bring it back to the US for me. So if your in England and willing to help me which I will gladly pay for...the LONDON TAXI has the TD27's in them and these engines from what Im told are like the small block Ford over here and is easily found in pieces everywhere.

If I cant find a hookup to help me in London maybe someone down under could help. These engines are in the Terrano's down there. Problem will be cost to ship.

·
SASQUATCH RACE TEAM
18,078 Posts
[/IMG]About 10 years ago I had a hookup in Miami that sold me 4 Nissan JDM - TD27 turbo diesels which were a great bolt in to the Hardbody D21 and Frontier trucks here in the US.

My daily driver is the Frontier pictured that has an Xterra grille. I installed the 4cyl diesel almost 4 years ago in this truck and love it.

Upon an injector rebuild a few years back the fuel return line at the injectors cracked and it was butchered up ( by me ) trying to fix it. Parts like this are almost impossible to get here in the US but I have found a few sources but no one has what I need. What Im hoping is to find someone in England that can find me a return line like the one pictured for a TD27 diesel or possibly a TD25. I have a family member that will be in London next week on business and wont have the time or ability to do this research for me but could bring it back to the US for me. So if your in England and willing to help me which I will gladly pay for...the LONDON TAXI has the TD27's in them and these engines from what Im told are like the small block Ford over here and is easily found in pieces everywhere.

If I cant find a hookup to help me in London maybe someone down under could help. These engines are in the Terrano's down there. Problem will be cost to ship.
have you tried these guys?
http://www.diesel-plus.com/

we do a lot of business with them on oddball stuff/ancient shit.
if you cant find any parts. you could have them machine the spacers to accept a pieces of tube then silver solder it in and just use a rubber jumper line.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks Big Cat. problem with this engine is that it was not imported to the states for production in cars or trucks.....only Europe and Asia.

I was able to find that a Nissan forklift has this engine option but again was not an import to the US.

I found that parts can not be ordered from a Nissan dealer as the OE part numbers arent valid here in the states. I brought an OE nissan oil filter in to a Nissan dealer and they could not get the part number to work in their parts network and the engine doesnt even exist according to the local dealership. A diesel shop like the one you mentioned cant even get the parts. Injectors yes, pump rebuilds yes but anything else for the engine no.

I had a place in Tampa that would get me the real hard to find stuff but it was waaaay overpriced and they hated having to look this stuff up in books they never kept readily available. Lazy parts men dont like trying to find stuff if it doesnt come up on a computer. I think a flywheel was over $500 before shipping and would have to come by boat from Japan with a leadtime up to 6 months...I fixed mine that cracked and so far its been holding up.

Recently Rock Auto has been selling limited parts like oil filters, head bolts, gaskets but shipping is expensive. It comes from a dropship out of England. I think one oil filter was $15 plus $50 shipping and like $10 addl for every one after that. I ended up using a one stage filter from a Jaguar...these diesels have a two stage element and very unique. Wix Europe has a part number for them but when I called Wix here in the US they said they cant get Euopean part numbers or special order parts from Europe. I see Oreilly lists it on their site now but havent tried to order one yet.

I like the idea of the custom made ones and using rubber lines. I will call them and see what they say.

I appreciate the lead . Hopefully someone in England can help and make this easy and affordable. If not your idea sounds good.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Big Cat I just realized that was Southeast Power Systems. The web link threw me off. I know Mike Franke the svc manager in Tampa....at least he used to be. They built a few pumps and injectors for me on other trucks. The sales staff there is to be desired. Mike is the only one that will talk with you on a technical level. The guys that run the counter arent very outgoing. I now use Florida Diesel in St Pete for my pumps and injectors. VP44 pumps are cheaper there and they dont mind talking with you and giving advice. They built the pump and rebuilt the injectors on my TD27.

·
Registered
13,188 Posts
LOL I know exactly how you did that! My friend owns I.D.S based in Halifax and we worked together for 15 years in a diesel buisness.
Ive built prob 50 of those engines in the 90's and know that situation well. Mitsubishis have the same prob.....the silver solder cracks at the end of the pipe.
It will be still available new over here I suspect.
If you have no luck ,i'll call Nissan or Ford (same vehicle) on Monday and see if its avail?.

·
SASQUATCH RACE TEAM
18,078 Posts
Big Cat I just realized that was Southeast Power Systems. The web link threw me off. I know Mike Franke the svc manager in Tampa....at least he used to be. They built a few pumps and injectors for me on other trucks. The sales staff there is to be desired. Mike is the only one that will talk with you on a technical level. The guys that run the counter arent very outgoing. I now use Florida Diesel in St Pete for my pumps and injectors. VP44 pumps are cheaper there and they dont mind talking with you and giving advice. They built the pump and rebuilt the injectors on my TD27.
np. the one here in orlando has been good to deal with but every store is different.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm in the UK.

Roadrunner, do you know what ford engines use this part? my ford dealer will deliver to me if I can get the right part, Nissan won't.

If it's on back order I can get it posted by family who return to the US in October.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm in the UK.

Roadrunner, do you know what ford engines use this part? my ford dealer will deliver to me if I can get the right part, Nissan won't.

If it's on back order I can get it posted by family who return to the US in October.
I think I know a place to check. The catalog for Rock Auto lists the european cars they sell parts for

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just looked and its the Maverick in early 2000. I really appreciate the help guys!!!! Im not in a rush unless it works out where I can get the part to London next week. Otherwise I will be happy to pay for the shipping to the US. Again, Much appreciated !!!

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
TD 27's are quite common in NZ in Navara and Terano pickups.

But why don't you just get a hydraulics /hose fittings man to Silphos braze it [you'd be going tomorrow]

The purpose of the return rail is to allow diesel to "Leak" past the pindle in the injector for lubrication [it is metered]

So the return rail is quite low pressure, and is metered by the tiny hole in the Aluminium washers underneath.

I have brazed mine on my Mitsubishi diesel several times [ it is a normal for them to crack with regular injector removal ]

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I boogered it up and was hoping to find one in better shape. This one is broken all the way apart now. I tried silicon bronze with the tig but the rod closed up the hole and made things worse. I reallt butchered it badly.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts