Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a cam in my ZO6 LS7 motor. I am looking for a great tuner. I was going to use Ed Hutchings, but he is a 12 hour drive away. I also have headers. Who is a great tuner. I am not looking for an average guy. I want someone who can dyno tune and street tune the motor. Plus someone who is closer to me than 12 hours. I am in the Nashville Tenn area. And don't mind a 3 to 4 hour drive.​

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Bluecat, he stays booked up but you will not find anyone better. Do a google search and Im sure you will see plenty of testimonies. He is in eastern ky.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bluecat, he stays booked up but you will not find anyone better. Do a google search and Im sure you will see plenty of testimonies. He is in eastern ky.
How is he compared to James Short?

·
Puttin'er in the beams!
1,336 Posts
Bluecat tuned my old cam/nitrous setup, and James Short has been tuning my blower setup.

Both setups ran well.. I have nothing but good things to say about both of them.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Bluecat developed a piggyback program to work with HP Tuners for modifying the LS3 and C6 Z06 ECMs. Tuning those cars does have many differences compared with the older LS1 ECMs. You LS7 with aftermarket cam and headers will be pretty straight forward for a competent tuner as those listed above.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
How is he compared to James Short?
My personal opinion is that you will not find anyone as knowledgeable as Bluecat that has the same attention to detail as he does when it comes to tuning.

He does not do 5 or 10 tunes in a day like others (not saying James does) If you take your car to him you can plan on making a day of it. He is very thorough to say the least.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts