Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im about to order a complete chassis wiring kit for my 2003 Cobra mustang. im looking into the painless kits with rocker boxes part numbers 50005 and 50003. Not sure which is better suited for my application. Can some one give me some insight or recomendations on this matter. Called painless and tech wasn't any help at all. " we haven't touched that newer stuff"

Car is as follows:
281 mod motor with BS3 racepac dash
76mm turbo with eboost2 controller (soon to be ams-1000)
electric pumps
front and rear lightning
transbrake
electric fan
electric w/p
tubular steering column
turn signals would help (may wanna street it once in a blue moon.)
air/water intercooler pump

any advise or recomendations are welcome. thanks.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
If you are in the D/FW area, get a hold of Josh Lindsay. He's a frickin' genius with a BS3 and an AMS 1000. He will set you right on the wiring, and may even do it for you for a good price.

If you need his number let me know.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im around Athens near tyler, doing the wiring isn't a problem.. i've done several cars, just wanting a complete ready to install kit where i just have to run the wires and terminate for the most part. don't wanna have to build all the circuts and relays and junk if you know what i mean.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
im around Athens near tyler, doing the wiring isn't a problem.. i've done several cars, just wanting a complete ready to install kit where i just have to run the wires and terminate for the most part. don't wanna have to build all the circuts and relays and junk if you know what i mean.

Yeah it's easier, but if you want a good dependable setup go with something like a Spaghetti Menders. Way more pricey, but a whole lot better and more dependable than the Painless stuff. I have a Painless switch panel in mine, but Barry Wade went in and put better wire in it and completely rewired everything. He thought the wires that came in it were too small. I did mine myself the first time round, and it worked. But, his looked a whole lot nicer and worked better.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i mainly just dont wanna have to buy a bunch of wires and do all my loomes and routing and stuff myself.. im capable just not alot of time to do that step of the deal. I've been workin on this car a while and im ready to go racing..

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Hey guys im about to order a complete chassis wiring kit for my 2003 Cobra mustang. im looking into the painless kits with rocker boxes part numbers 50005 and 50003. Not sure which is better suited for my application. Can some one give me some insight or recomendations on this matter. Called painless and tech wasn't any help at all. " we haven't touched that newer stuff"

Car is as follows:
281 mod motor with BS3 racepac dash
76mm turbo with eboost2 controller (soon to be ams-1000)
electric pumps
front and rear lightning
transbrake
electric fan
electric w/p
tubular steering column
turn signals would help (may wanna street it once in a blue moon.)
air/water intercooler pump

any advise or recomendations are welcome. thanks.

Was wondering.....what did you end up doing??? I am at that point with my car, and just trying to figure out the best way to go...

Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts