Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I've stepped off the deep end. I came across an offer that I couldn't refuse. I bought Frankie Taylors old 58 Vette promod. I'm having a hard time coming up with ideas for paint, so i thought I'd throw it out there to the crazies. We already have some of the body panels off, so I can't get any pictures of it in it's current state, but here is one picture of it and a few of Ron Muenks' 58 as well to give you some idea of what we are talking about. Get your crayons out!!

http://www.draglist.com/artman2/uploads/2/Outlaw_Nationals_2008_1139_copy.jpg

AND, YES my old car is still for sale!! Someone please make my wife happy and buy it!!!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
the black looks good but it would look good as they did back in 1958 with the red and white.still like the new gen vette tho.good luck on ya promod adventure

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
What ever you decide to paint it, I wish you the best of luck, Danny!:cool:

Where are you going to race it? Outlaw-type Pro Mod racing or legal NHRA Pro Mod? Or both?

·
Registered
867 Posts
The murdered-out look is played out. I've always like Muenk's scheme and loved what Doug Palmer did with his ($$$$$!!!!!). Maybe Muenk's scheme in the factory white, emblems and trim included.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
stick with the factory paint scheme, just in a different color

·
A1 Phuckstick
1,503 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I can't afford 2 cars!! That's why I need to sell the black one. I gave $25k for the new (used) one, like i said an offer I couldn't refuse.
And the reason i can afford one at all is because I'm a tight wad on the looks stuff, that's part of the reason the black car is flat black (other than it looks sick)
Still have the Porsche, it's in mothballs, unless someone wants to buy it too!!

1 - 20 of 127 Posts