Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Holden gts Monaro
Tried these custom billets with 275/70/15s:confused: made it look like a tractor lol

·
الكتاب ا
6,697 Posts
Car has nice lines.

I'd go low-profile tires on a 17x8 front, 18x10 rear...and slam it to the weeds.

·
Registered
29,530 Posts
Set of old school cragars, They have better lines than those rims and definitely need skinnier ones on the front.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Street car that will be dragged.Im thinking they will need to be a bright chrome to break up the blue of the car a bit.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It used to have strikers on it(show on the front here)

·
Capri For Sale
12,976 Posts
If you're going to drive it and race it then you need about a 5" wide wheel on the front with about 3" backspacing. The wheels you have on there now just look too wide and too deep. Just too big all over but if your going to be on the street pizza cutters aren't the way to go either they're fucking dangerous.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Strikers that are on the lower pics where 265/60/14s on the rear and 215/55/14s on the front
Was hoping to run 275/60/15s on the rear and 215/60/15s on the front or similar size;)

·
Back to the front!
5,449 Posts
If you're going to drive it and race it then you need about a 5" wide wheel on the front with about 3" backspacing. The wheels you have on there now just look too wide and too deep. Just too big all over but if your going to be on the street pizza cutters aren't the way to go either they're fucking dangerous.
pizza cutters are dangerous on the street? LOL

·
Registered
21,313 Posts
I agree with the other posters. Part of the problem with the way it looks is that you have a 15" rim with a very tall/fat 70 sidewall tire. For street cruising I'd opt for 17" diameter wheels with lower profile sidewalls like a 50. Then you could just get a pair of rear drag wheels with slicks mounted for the track.

Another option is run narrower/shorter tires on the front than back. You want the rears to look bigger and more muscular than the fronts.

One other thing to remember is that the front of the car is sitting high because there's no engine to weigh down the front frame. It will look better with the engine in and the front lower.

·
Registered
12,031 Posts
In that first picture it looks like a monster truck. The front tires are twice as big as they should be.
I like the big rears. You could probably buy local Aussie wheels that would look good, isn't Rocket made there? And ROH?

I'd go for a 5 spoke. 17" maybe. If you want to keep those tires shown in that pic use a 15 x 8 to 10" wide on the back and something 5 to 7" wide on front with maybe a 215/60-15 or thereabouts.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts