Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying a tig welder and undecided, Lincoln square wave 175. Lincoln precision 225, or Miller syncrowave 200, there isnt much difference in price. What are your opions and why.

·
Registered
18,104 Posts
I have a Precision 185 and really like it . It has pulse , I would go with the 225 a little more range . My next will be the 300 . If you want to buy a used one holla .

·
Registered
760 Posts
i have a lincoln precision tig 225, awesome machine and it has pulse. i couldnt operate without it..i have used it every weekend since i got it this past june! i have all lincoln machines.... I dont believe the whole conspiracy that the only good welder is a miller.........

·
7.86 @ 8800DA 3365lb 275s
4,502 Posts
i have a miller synchrowave 180sd i bought it about 6 month's before they discontinued it a replaced it with the 200. been a good machine but wish i had gotten a 200 it comes with pulse and is a bit more powerfull. i have all miller machines but (one hobart stragler 4 machines total) but i don't have a problem with lincoln. i have a buddy with a lincoln precision tig and he likes it (i've never seen him produce good weld with it but it's the weldor not the welder.....lol:smt071)

·
Registered
861 Posts
Any brand inverter machine would be the first choice if price isn't a concern....

I think that Lincoln is a better machine than the Miller but it's all about preference. I originally had a precision tig 185 but upgraded to a precision tig 375.

I never use pulse and I don't think many others use it either.

·
aka Nova Joe
2,890 Posts
Syncrowave 200 and I love it...I personally hate Lincoln's foot pedals, they're too wide and clunky, plus Miller's pedal has a lip on the back so you can just drag it along with your foot moving around a car.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have a Lincoln Square Wave 255 and if I were to buy another...it would be a Miller.
mw
I had a Lincoln 255 for a while, it had problems starting at low amps and just never seemed to be as smooth as other machines.

I tried to have it repaired with no luck, traded it in for the Lincoln 275 which has proved to be a great performer.

I also like Miller syncrowaves except the 350. They were a hit or miss whether You got a good one or a POS.

Carl

·
Registered
7,489 Posts
one thing too consider when buying a big welder is how it affects electronics and alarms when on AC , i know our older Acklands welder would set the shop alarm off all the time when welding on AC it also screwed up the phones and the computers at times as well , a buddy had the same issues at his shop with the 250 Syncrowave , and the shop beside us has issues as well with their older 350 when used on AC as well . i know when my buddies shop stepped up to the 350 Dynasty the alarms issues went away . we have a 350 Syncrowave that is a few yrs old and it has been trouble free so far .

·
Registered
794 Posts
I have a lincoln precision tig 185 at home, and use miller syncowave 350's and dynasty 350's at work. never had a problem with either one.

·
Registered
221 Posts
ive got a miller sync 200 works great. indiana oxygen supplies has a store on ebay and has smoking prices on them along with alot of welding supplies

·
Registered
516 Posts
I too have a Syncro 200, and it's a great machine. I'm sure the Lincoln's are just fine, I just kind of prefer Miller. I replaced a Syncro 180SD with the 200, and either machine is great.

·
Registered
920 Posts
i use a miller synchro 250 dx at work and a lincoln 175 at home.Both machines work well without issue. the miller pedal is much better. the lincoln pedal needs the lip at the base and another 3 inches in length so my size 13 doesn't hang over the edge. the lincoln has a softer arc start which helps when doing thin stuff. at the last shop I was at we also had issues with a miller 250 dx messing with the phones on ac. we grounded everything possible and it didn't go away. On both miller machines, I've had to repair the coolant lines going to the torch, and I'm obsessively careful with the lines and pedal assembly.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts