Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about picking up a new pistol to play with. I'm looking for a 9mm b/c the 10mm ammo for the glock I have now is just way to expensive for just plinking and its hard to find around here.

I've been looking @ the HKs, an FN, some glocks, even thought about an XD. I'm going to go with a full size pistol

But I want something that shoots a pretty good grouping, not asking for a target pistol, just a good shooter than I can go play with some of my cop buddies on their personal pistol ranges with. I've never really done a whole lot of pistol shooting really, due to the fact that ammo for my 10mm is hard to find. I don't want to me a pistol pro, just want something I can buy and get used to shooting a handgun with. To add to it I don't wanna break the bank to do it. Just as long as it shoots pretty accurately and functions like its supposed to.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
glock 17, ruger sr9, springfield xd/xdm or for a little more an xdm 5.25(which IS a target pistol). i own all of these guns and they all shoot well. best thing you can do is go to a range, hold a bunch of them first then rent/ shoot the ones that are most comfortable for you.then, make your decision from there. with so many quality firearms out there its hard to say which one is the BEST. theyre all good for different reasons.

·
cynic/realist
15,961 Posts
HK-USP. Probably the best laid-out, hi-quality, full sized pistol out there. There are some smokin' deals out there on used ones. Make sure to get variant-1 if you like SA/DA. The light-LEM is a great Glocklike trigger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts