1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is what I have:

1971 383 block bored .030

440 source 431 stroker kit

This will be going into a 68 Super Bee that will be heavy street and a little strip.

I would like to build a rowdy, high compression street engine that will have a good long life. Also, how about aluminum main caps for a street engine? I want to make sure the bottom end is bulletproof.

What compression should I go for, what cam and what heads would work well for an engine like this?

I do not have an E.T. goal or horsepower goal. Just a fun Saturday night car.

Thanks Yellowbullet!

·
Registered
283 Posts
First. What's your budget?

Alum mains? No. I would not do that! Mancini sells a girdle and studs. Works good.

What heads? What intake?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I currently do not have an intake or heads. I am open to suggestions. The reason I stated aluminum caps is that big block Chryslers are known for cap walk and I figured aluminum caps may prevent this.

·
Registered
283 Posts
The girdle will help that cap walk.

440 super stealth , stage 6 or edelbrocks would work. As far as heads go. A taller intake will always benefit if you have hood clearance.

We have a 514 on dyno right now with 10.5: 1 comp .600 lift flat solid can stage 6 heads 225 cc intake runner with a single plane edelbrock manifold (cant think of the number right now) with spacers. Making 670 tq 690hp and haven't even tuned on it yet. It is going into a old belvedere!

I do have an outlet for int manifolds and spacers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts