Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 434ci with afr 227cc heads with 65cc chamber, 12.5.1 compression, My question was I have a Pro 2 stage plate with a Super pro shot selonoid on the first stage and a cheater solenoid on the second stage. I have 120 nitrous jet and 116 fuel jet on the first is 350hp, and 93 nitrous and 102 fuel is 250hp, When I activate the first stage My plugs come out dark paper bag brown I was wondering if that is good or bad. Also another question when I
[/IMG]activate both stages I check every plug after the run they end up like melted from the tip and the porclein gets shorten like if they got melted. I run one holley blue pump for both stages. My psi is at 7psi, the bottle tempature is at 950psi don't know why its doing that to my plugs and its only doing it when both stages are activated, but when i activate the first only my plugs come fine, but dark paper bag brown alittle darker. I would appreciate your help. I'm using c57cx spark plugs from champion, and ALSO I TRYED THE NGK R5671A-10. My timing numbers ARE 36 total then i pull out 13 on the first and 10 on the second stage.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Quit foolin around and give it some spray already! ;) Holy cow how fast is that thing? I had great luck running same size No2 & fuel jets (93)and 5psi on a single stage big shot plate. But I don't know about muti stage tunes and square jetting.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Are you talking about the NOS brand two stage plate, two sets of spray bars? If you are take that thing off and sell it! A buddy of mine tried for years to get one to work with no luck. I don't think they were ment to be sprayed both stages at the same time.

·
Registered
20,372 Posts
I have one of the same plates and I am not so happy with yet either just running one kit 73 jet @ 6 psi and getting 5 mph only.

The OP is too fat at & 7 psi IMO. You're lucky you havent hurt a piston melting the plugs like that.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When I'm with one stage my plugs show dark brown color and they don't come out melted what should i do square off the first stage with 110n 110f @5 1/2 fp or leave the same jets 116f 120n @5 1/2 fp

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
With the amount of money you've got in that picture, you need to spend a few hundred dollars with Steve Johnson or Monte Smith and get that tune right...or else all that money in your pic is going to be burned up.

I thought this was a joke when I read the first post...7 psi? And then the second kit is just killing the motor with fuel...the pills probably could be swapped in the second kit(102N/93F) and fp dropped to 5-5.5 psi and you would be much better off. If you don't spend some money with a good tuner, at least buy yourself a w/b.

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
Your first tuneup is very big on its own. Obviously its not perfect and then you dump another big hit on top of it that is not right.

I think it will be hard to tune a plate to make the power you want without hurting it. Besides the fact you have a 23 degree 434!

Why not put 1 or 2 foggers on it. You will be better off.

If you nipped a bunch of plugs already the motor could be hurt.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That plate will not suport any were close to the hp levels you are trying to put through it. Call NOS and ask what max is. My buddy with that kit was trying a 180 hit on top of a 180 hit the car would not go any faster with second kit on. He took it to a dyno and when he hit stage 2 he lost 50 hp. I think he had each kit tuned seperatly but they would't work together. He now has a fogger and is having a lot better luck.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
Your single holley blue is probably catching hell also with both systems activated.

X'2 on Monte Smith or Steve Johnson getting the tune right.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I removed the heads after that the pistons were good still i just replace the valves . I guess for right now I should order a single stage big shot plate system and run with that, so squaring the jets and running @5.5 psi

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.