Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new race car that has never been down the track. Car was built using all new name brand components...

How do you guys go about figuring out its value to sell it, I know the market is crap right now, but I want to find its true value.

The car is a 1990 Mustang Outlaw 10.5 legal, Rick Jones chassis... Car is complete less motor, trans and headers...

Thanks

·
Smoke Em if you got Em
12,831 Posts
What every you paid for it to be built, it's about 50% of that!
What every you want to sell it for, buyer thinks your crazy and low balls. Sucks...

Not trying to be a dick, but I would say look at what you really need to get for it, and stick to your guns.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What every you paid for it to be built, it's about 50% of that!
What every you want to sell it for, buyer thinks your crazy and low balls. Sucks...

Not trying to be a dick, but I would say look at what you really need to get for it, and stick to your guns.
Thats just it, we are into this car right...My son and I did alot of the work ourselves, and most all of the parts came with the car that we originally got for a steal...

What is a new 10.5 roller worth? zero passes... Top of the line build... $25k, 35k, 50k? I have seen junk posted on RJ asking 100K, and proven cars for 45K...

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
I have a new race car that has never been down the track. Car was built using all new name brand components...

How do you guys go about figuring out its value to sell it, I know the market is crap right now, but I want to find its true value.

The car is a 1990 Mustang Outlaw 10.5 legal, Rick Jones chassis... Car is complete less motor, trans and headers...

Thanks
50 cent on the dollard

·
Registered
19,416 Posts
Id say 50% of what you spent. If someone thinks its worth it then your in luck. Times are tough right now so be prepared to hold on to it.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know usual is about 50cent on the dollar, but what about when it only cost you 40 cent on the dollar to begin with, is it still half of what I have invested? We scored our car for about 1/3 of what it would have cost as the seller just needed $$$ and it was an unfinished car.. That being said we did put a good bit into it to make it right, but still feel we are under half of its real value..

·
Medium Pimpin'
2,800 Posts
List it for 25% over what you have invested or want for the car and play the haggleing game. If you let him talk you down 20-25% then you are still getting what you want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts