Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok guys, I am a volunteer with Berlin Twp. Fire Dept. Our Captain, (Matt Caskey) had just returned to work after the layoff season with Newcomer Concrete when he suffered a Staph infection in his knee. He received treatment and thought he was in the clear.

He fell ill again, and after several more trips to the ER it was determined he had MRSA. (A bacterial infection resistant to most antibiotics) The infection settled in his blood and in his spinal canal which required immediate surgery, and an extremely aggressive series of antibiotics. He spent 13 days in the hospital.

Because of the doctors having to make a 16" incision through the muscles in his back, Matt is not able to return to work until next season. His wife had been a stay at home wife to take care of their 5 kids, and Matt was the provider for all their expenses and health insurance.

We are having a benefit for him and all the proceeds go to his family to cover medical bills, and monthly living expenses.

The benefit is a Hog roast and chicken BBQ, and will be held on Saturday, Oct. 8th at the Berlin Twp. Conservation Club 12217 Chapin Rd. Berlin Heights, OH 44814. It will feature live and silent auctions.

I'm not begging here, but if anybody wants to help a firefighter out we are looking for donations of a product, service, or money. And also to invite anyone who is close to the area out to the benefit!

If anyone would like to donate, contacts are:
Steve Gornek 419-706-4267
Dave Lowry 419-602-2525
Russ Bristol 419-706-8601

Sorry for the long post guys, and thanks for looking :cool:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Even if nobody wants to donate, that's fine. Anybody who can attend this event should! Great food, and oh yeah, there's gonna be beer there lol :supz: There will be no set price to eat, just donation.

·
The Media has an agenda!
25,768 Posts
Even if nobody wants to donate, that's fine. Anybody who can attend this event should! Great food, and oh yeah, there's gonna be beer there lol :supz: There will be no set price to eat, just donation.
I'm in Illinois....So making the dinner is likely out, but post up an address and who to make it out to ..and my check can be there to cover my seat.;)

God Bless and lets hope your community hears the call!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can send it to 82 Center St. Berlin Heights, OH 44814. Make it out to Berlin Twp. Fire Benefit Fund.

Or if you wish to remain anonymous, send it to 24 E. Main St. Berlin Heights, OH 44814. Again make sure its made out to Berlin Twp. Fire Benefit Fund.

Thank you so much!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts