6,613 Posts
We have about 3" i believe..
do you have thick pading in your cage?
As far as I know it's okay?

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
when i put padding ill only have like half an inch....:confused:
can you tilt your seat any? like kick the front of it up about an inch or so? I'm sure that would help a lot!

·
"Made" Member
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
can you tilt your seat any? like kick the front of it up about an inch or so? I'm sure that would help a lot!

yeah i can move my head all around im just wondering if there is a stated rule for how far the top of your helmet needs to be from the top of the funny car cage......

corey

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
I only have one inch clearance between my helmet and funny car cage bar above my head is this allowable?? How much room do you guys have?

Corey
Is this the actual funny car halo bar (41B in 25.5) or one of the bars that go from the halo back to the main hoop (49 Helmet Guard Roof Bars in 25.5)?

Your head should not be under the actual halo bar when in driving position.

If it is the Helmet Guard Roof Bars, you might consider that these can be 3/4" flat stock for maximum head clearance.

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
1" of clearance is fine. You will be hard pressed to get more then that in alot of cars.

I actually drove a car where my head hit the top bars. I had to scoot forward in the seat to get my head not to touch (leaving my back away from the seat) and when it went 1.06 to the 60ft it put my back against the seat and squished my neck to fit. Needless to say, my back hurts at times and i believe its from that.

·
"Made" Member
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Is this the actual funny car halo bar (41B in 25.5) or one of the bars that go from the halo back to the main hoop (49 Helmet Guard Roof Bars in 25.5)?

Your head should not be under the actual halo bar when in driving position.

If it is the Helmet Guard Roof Bars, you might consider that these can be 3/4" flat stock for maximum head clearance.

the bar that goes fom the halo back to the main hoop. Im comfortable sitting in the car and i can move my head all around im just wondering if a track or nhra/ihra is gonna give me a hard time...

1 - 20 of 58 Posts