Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with these rings in a motor that sees a lot of street driving? I'm leaning toward using these, but don't want to sacrifice a lot of longitivity. If these rings go away a lot faster than a standard plasma moly, then I guess I'll stick with the plasma moly. BTW, the motor will see approx. 300-350 h.p. of n2o and a lot of street crusing. Thanks for any responses.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
I had the same concern, but after talking with Jeff Lukovich I was re-assured about using the hell fire (top ring)

He recommends to all his customers to use them even if they might use the spray. Apparently the moly gets knocked off the standard ring which scars the bore and tears up the sides of the pistons. In short the down side (engine damage) of the moly far outweighs the possible longer life expectancy.

I also talked with the speed-pro guy and they recommend a maximum of 200 hp shot on the moly, so at your 300 hp plus you might not even have a choice.

I just bought a set so I guess I'll find out for myself. Realistically though I'll only be putting on around 1000 street miles a year. How many street miles do you plan on putting on.

mike

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll probably end up putting around 1000-1500 miles on it in a year. I guess I'll end up putting a set of 'em in mine and see what happens. Thanks for the reply! Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts