Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Well, this project just got more interesting.
Wednesday I stumbled across a low mileage Demon supercharger that was for sale.
The ultimate Hellcat bolt on.
When it shows up, its going directly on the car.

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Cool project. These are fun cars and super comfortable to drive. My wife bought one for a toy. Please post up dyno numbers after the Demon blower goes on.
This one is pretty much a toy. Bought new 2 years ago and <3500 miles.

Dyno numbers will be a while. New Hellcat shortblock getting built.
Using a factory 392 forged crank, molnar 6.200" power adder rods and diamond pistons.
Will be 400ci (6.6L). OST Dyno Demon plus cam & kit.
Heads getting CNC'd at HHP/BES.
Looking at the new stand alone Killer Chiller setup as well.
Will re-pulley once its all together to get it to just under 15# boost.

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
More updates.
Went all in and ordered a Gen III Performance aluminum cylinder block. Won't see that until early April. Sleeved lifter bores and 55mm cam tunnel.
http://gen3products.com/

Will finish the factory Hellcat engine, drive it for a while and when the new engine is ready, do a swap. Then sell the complete Hellcat 6.2L with the parts already on it. Price will be good.

And, I am going to dump the air to liquid supercharger cooler and go with a complete drag pack setup and reservoir from these guys.
I already have the Hellcat thermal spacer plates and supercharger thermal blanket ordered. Should see those pieces in a couple weeks.

https://fiinterchillers.com/

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Keep us posted! This sounds like a really fun build!
Will do. I am in the process of ordering the stage 2 inter-chiller this week. Hope to have that in the next 3 weeks or so.

I am going to get all the parts installed on the 6.2L and drive it for a while. The new 426 longblock won't be ready til the end of this year and I want to work out all the bugs from the meth injection, interchiller install, dual fuel pump setup, new cam/kit, etc on the factory engine. Then just swap longblocks and sell the complete Hellcat engine.

I currently have a scheduled install for middle of next month.

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Car goes in for an extensive list of new parts on May 5. Will likely take at least a month, due to the turnaround time for getting the CNC port work done on the heads. Should have the Interchiller from Australia in about 2+ weeks. Have everything else on hand. Will essentially be a hot-rodded Demon engine when finished, with much cooler intake air and meth injection to prevent timing retard on premium pump gas.

Will post the dyno sheet from the tuning when its all done.

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Just a quick update.
BES turned the heads around pretty quick. Got them earlier this week. Since the shop now has the heads, and can put the top end back on (new cam/lifters are already installed) I dropped off the Demon supercharger.
Likely be at least 2 more weeks before the tuning starts.

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Ran into a little speed bump, and that was late the week before the Hot Rod power tour. So literally nobody was available for questions. So we just put it on hold til everybody got back to work.

Wasn't a big deal, and its now solved. So were moving forward again.

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Yes. We had a couple of speed bumps, but its on track now.

The big bump was the cylinder head porting. I did an exchange, and what I got back were Demon heads and not Hellcat heads. We initially did not know this. Another issue was the valve springs/retainers that came with the cam. I was sent the wrong ones.

Hellcat/Demon cylinder head castings are the same, but the valves are not. Because of the higher boost in the Demon, it has different valves (better quality) to live in the higher heat environment. So while a little confusing, once we figured it all out the final outcome is I got better parts. Hard to complain about that.

This time of year, its on the warm side (115 yesterday) and everything slows down. I'm not in any huge hurry for them to finish. I will be going to the shop sometime this week just to get a status.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Thanks for the update and sharing what you learned on the cylinder head differences.
You must be near AZ or NM for those temps!
I'm reading up on these Gen III hemis as I may park the 451 stroker project and focus on getting a Gen III instead.
Are the Demon valves Inconel, Stainless, or titanium?

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
More updates.
Went all in and ordered a Gen III Performance aluminum cylinder block. Won't see that until early April. Sleeved lifter bores and 55mm cam tunnel.
http://gen3products.com/

Will finish the factory Hellcat engine, drive it for a while and when the new engine is ready, do a swap. Then sell the complete Hellcat 6.2L with the parts already on it. Price will be good.

And, I am going to dump the air to liquid supercharger cooler and go with a complete drag pack setup and reservoir from these guys.
I already have the Hellcat thermal spacer plates and supercharger thermal blanket ordered. Should see those pieces in a couple weeks.

https://fiinterchillers.com/
My youngest daughter thought about going that route with her 76 D-100 but she settled on doing a BGE based build 441 Ci . she's staying NA for this one My youngest son (they are twins) has 70 Duster that he's building a 422 with 4.5l Whipple.

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
Thanks for the update and sharing what you learned on the cylinder head differences.
You must be near AZ or NM for those temps!
Are the Demon valves Inconel, Stainless, or titanium?
I haven't been able to get valve material details. They are most likely just a hi quality stainless alloy. I am in the desert southwest.

The chiller is the last part to install, and when I visited the shop last week, it was about half done. I expect them to be ready to tune by the end of next week.

I have made one last change. We finally have a few stations local to me with E85. Most of the stations in Maricopa county carry 'flex fuel', which is E54. The rest of the state gets E85. So I have made the switch to E85, and along with bigger injectors have switched the upper pulley to the new Litens clutched 3.17". This adds around 1.5-2# of boost on the Demon supercharger, and along with the +10% ATI lower and engine mods (cam, headers and head port) should make around 16.5# which the E85 will have no problem with.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts