Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to Mopars. I have had a Dodge Caravan the last 6 years, but that's just to get me back and forth to work. I currently have a 5+ hour drive to work.

The Hellcat is 3 weeks old. Got it with 10 miles on it. I never even drove one before buying it. 2017 Go Green Challenger A8. As I work out of state, I don't have a lot of opportunity for seat time. But its a hell of a car, and I really like it. I see the standard mods other owners are making, and will likely do some of my own. But not to the stock numbers matching engine. That will be left alone.

The project will be a Gen III 426 Hemi to replace the unmodified 6.2L stocker. Likely use a Whipple twin screw. Unsure of which one, but I'm not after huge numbers. The 3.3L W200AX would be plenty. Might even go all aluminum on the 426.
There are very good parts available.

Doing some other non performance things right now. An Anderson Composites Carbon Fiber hood. Some Mopar graphics, etc.

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Nice! I really like that decal, the hood looks sweet also.
The hood is an Anderson Composites carbon fiber piece. Dodge wanted $1900 for a satin black painted hood. The carbon fiber one was $1450 shipped to my door.
I have the rear spoiler as well, and that goes on next. The hood pins are a Mopar kit.

·
The Dude Abides
18,431 Posts

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Unless OP is looking to run 7's there is no need to do anything to the stock 6.2 at this point. Put a big 4.0L KB on it, it'll handle it.

·
draggin' ass
13,384 Posts
Why are you being such a pussy about keeping the stock motor? These fucking things are all either in a ziplock bag in the garage of getting thrashed on and you plan to do the same. At this point, follow the crowd and drive it like you stole it!

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got the custom wheels. Took a while. Factory copy as far as looks, in a Bronze finish. I got into a group buy. Wheels were made in Germany I believe.

Stayed with the 20" factory diameter, but 10.5" wide fronts and 11" wide rears with the right offset for the car. Should have these on soon. Need to have the 1" longer Doorman studs installed for the open end monster lug nuts first.

Engine wise, went with a pretty standard setup for now. A 2.85" upper supercharger pulley, ATI +10% lower pulley, the right Gates belt, better idlers and ID1050X injectors. I might add one of the Hellcat supercharger cams that are now available. Still thinking about which one that will be.

Typical conservative pump gas tune (93 octane) for these parts (minus the cam upgrade) is low 840ish RWHP. A very nice gain without actually going into the motor. Currently looking for a competent local shop that will work with the specific tuner I would like to use. I may have that solved.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Its a build. What I am considering is a Gen III 426. Looks to be pretty easy. And the factory supercharger will still make plenty of boost on something that size. For the street.
Dont know your Location But check out BFNYPerformance ,Erik Storms know his shit on the 3g Hemi

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Been offline for a while.
The first part of the Hellcat build is completed.

KW lowering setup
HD sway bar end links
3.09 diff ala Demon
per4mance diff brace (latest one)
tubular upper/lower rear control arms for lowering
billet trailing arms
BMR solid cradle bushings
20X11 HR5 bronze rear wheels
315/35X20 NT-05 drag radials
20X9.5 HR5 bronze front wheels
285/35X20 NT-01 front tires
Doorman extra long (+1.00") wheel studs all 4 corners
Monster open end lug nuts
Legmaker CAI
Stainless Works 2" long tube headers with 3" hi flow cats
Cometic header gaskets
Stainless Works 3" cat back, deleted X pipe, Spintech 6000XLP mids, valves and resonators with quad tips
Livernois (CCI) 4" aluminum driveshaft

Going to get a 4 wheel alignment done at the dealer this weekend and put some miles on it. I'm sure there will be some adjustments to make.

In late October it goes into the tuners for the engine work and tuning. I have almost all the parts.

ID1050X injectors
OST Dyno Demon plus cam & kit
CNC cylinder heads at BES
Fastman 95mm T/B
Demon torque converter
Snow water/meth
Fore fuel system upgrade (dual pump/return style)
ATI +10% lower
2.75" or 2.85" upper
larger idlers
green belt
tune

Will be using Sunoco GT260 100 octane unleaded as fuel.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts