Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Height difference, 9.8 & 10.2 BBC???

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  MN Hemi 
#1 ·

Does anyone know the exact height difference if I take my top end and stick it on a 10.2 block with the intake spacers???
Trying to figure out if my hood scoop will still fit if I make the change to gain a few inches.
I know the deck height is .400 more, but how much is the vertical height .200, .300 or ??

Thanks Guys.

#3 ·

Thanks, I didn't think it would be a big deal.
The carbon fiber is pretty flexible, and I don't think it'll screw up anything.

#6 ·

I don't have & don't like side exit, so that's not an issue.
I just didn't want to buy another damn scoop & do all the work again to mount it.

Like I said, the carbon fiber will have plenty of give for this small amount of difference.

Thanks Guys.

#11 · (Edited)
Just checked a BBC engine block blueprint for actual height of the block itself and not the deck height. With an actual height of ~10.85" on the short deck and ~11.03" on the tall deck according to this, I don't see there being that big of a difference in the end. 1/4" at the most, going by that specification plus a few thou

#13 ·

Thanks again Guys.
I was pretty sure it would only be a couple of tenth's, but wanted to ask in case I had a brain fart.
There should be plenty of flex in the carbon fiber.

Trying to re use the old stuff until I switch to a 14* and then I'll buy a modern scoop and spend the dough building a new pan
instead of the old style soop I've been running all these years.

car in trailer by J L, on Flickr

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.